lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default 94 DS Tire, Wheel lift recommendation

Can someone recommend good off road tires, black rims and an appropriate lift kit needed for a 94DS, going to build a work / hunting cart so I want to keep torque a priority.
I was thinking 3" lift with 20" tires.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 94 DS Tire, Wheel lift recommendation

Would help with choices if you tell us what improvements you are doing to the powertrain.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

If it's strictly off road and for hunting...you can't go wrong with a large lug, tractor style tire to get you through on regular old black steel rims.

For lift, I'd go with a 4" All Sports super sport double A-arm lift if you're only planning on using 20" tires.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Would help with choices if you tell us what improvements you are doing to the powertrain.
Its 36 volts, planning on leaving motor stock for now and putting in the other upgrades controller 500 amp, cables, F/R switch. Later I may convert to 48V and upgrade the motor but want to see how it does on 36V.
Going to get with ScottyB and use his recommendations.

Lift, new tires, rear cargo box and misc items like camo skin, front basket, black seat covers.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
If it's strictly off road and for hunting...you can't go wrong with a large lug, tractor style tire to get you through on regular old black steel rims.

For lift, I'd go with a 4" All Sports super sport double A-arm lift if you're only planning on using 20" tires.
cool, read some forums on here about the AS lift sounds recommended, where would you look for those tires? and can I use the existing stock rims and just paint them black?

What width tire works well without rubbing issues? Was thinking of these but not sure if 10" is too wide for the DS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-FOUR...Bbc:rk:17:pf:0
Old 01-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those should fit and are cheap but are a turf/hardpack tire. What kind of soil do you have and how wet or sticky does it get?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Agree with dundee.

Those tires are going to hold a lot of caked mud and wet dirt and do zilch when it comes to grip in the woods/muddy areas. They'll ride better on the packed surfaces or pavement than an off road tire and may serve you well in your type of terrain.

If working in boggy, wet, rough conditions; look for something with large lugs in a 'V' pattern for best traction.

I think 10" wide would be the widest you could go on the stock wheels without issues.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Those should fit and are cheap but are a turf/hardpack tire. What kind of soil do you have and how wet or sticky does it get?
My hunting property is softer soil, no standing water and flat but a high water table. The soil itself is black and loamy, sort of like old swamp bed soil.

I was meaning to ask you about your comments on another thread, would you prefer a newer sepex type cart vs an older series? Seems like a lot of people are suggesting the series carts.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:54 PM   #9
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Check these out from one of our site sponsors in a 10" size wheel. You may need to think about going to a larger wheel to get what you're looking for.

Contact them with suggestions/prices.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/m...ires-set-of-4/
Old 01-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Check these out from one of our site sponsors in a 10" size wheel. You may need to think about going to a larger wheel to get what you're looking for.

Contact them with suggestions/prices.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/m...ires-set-of-4/

Will do, those look nice, thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car