lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
faulk32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precdent in limp mode!!!

Ok guys. I have read forums till I’m blue in the face. I’ve tried everything I know (which is hardly anything about these buggies) with no change. I have taken my buggy to 2 different places to get checked out and still my buggy drives in limp mode. A couple month later ago I was washing my buggy and fried my controller (yes my fault I know). I took it to have a new controller put in and ever since it drives in limp mode. I have put a new speed sensor, new solenoid, and new potentiometer on with no change. The speed sensor test shows that it’s good. Sometimes when the buggy is coming off a fresh charge it will hall butt but only for a few min or until you let off the pedal and go again. My batteries at full charge are showing 50.9v. I am totally stumped. If you pros on here could shed a little light that would be great. I use my buggy for hunting so I know it take a beating. This thing has been a beast for two years now so I hate to see it at 1/2 potential.
faulk32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Precdent in limp mode!!!

Do you "know" that it is in Limp mode or are you just assuming that because of the speed issue?

I would have said the new controller is on the wrong speed setting, but you stated it hauled butt now and then.

I am thinking 2 things. Either a bad magnet in the motor cause incorrect pulse signals or a bad MCOR if yours was an ebay/Amazon special.

If that is a Curtis Controller, whoever installed it should be able to read it with their hand-held and tell you more info.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
faulk32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I don’t think it’s a bad magnet because I have literally tried 4 different speed sensor/magnets. Now the MCOR I have not replaced. As far as I know the MCOR is OEM.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have put a new speed sensor, new solenoid, and new potentiometer
Quote:
Now the MCOR I have not replaced
What year Precedent do You have and what model replacement Controller do you have now?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You can test the MCOR's output back to the controller through the Yellow wire. With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR or at the Controller. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65 to 5vdc when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #6
faulk32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not 100% sure on the year model because the serial # sticker is rubbed off but I’m pretty sure it’s a 2007. The controller model is 1510A-5251
Old 10-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is another sticker with S/N on the frame near the brake equalizer bar under the floor:

Another easy test that does not involve tools is to make sure that You hear the Solenoid click everytime You press the pedal and again a few seconds after the pedal is released and the cart is stopped.

If not, the cart will go into limp mode the next time you press the pedal.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #8
faulk32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can hear the solenoid click when I turn the key on and off.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulk32 View Post
I can hear the solenoid click when I turn the key on and off.
That is your problem
Old 10-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #10
faulk32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’m pretty sure the guy that replaced the controller by-passed the computer. Is that why the solenoid comes on when the key is turned on?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car