lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax Absolute Throttle

Just curious has anybody ever tried the Absolute Throttle function with their Alltrax Controllers. I noticed with the auto cal function it cuts off the top 20% of your pedal travel. I'm hoping to get a little finer throttle control. Thanks in advance.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax Absolute Throttle

Nope, never ventured to it.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Just curious has anybody ever tried the Absolute Throttle function with their Alltrax Controllers. I noticed with the auto cal function it cuts off the top 20% of your pedal travel. I'm hoping to get a little finer throttle control. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried clearing the auto-cal? I had a similar issue where the cart wouldn’t move until it got to around 55% non-linearized throttle position. At the advice of Alltrax support, I cleared the auto-cal and let the throttle relearn by slowly going from 0 to full throttle and back to 0 many times over a 20 minute Drive. After the relearn, the throttle responds as I would expect. The Alltrax guy explained to me that if the controller sees a jumpy signal in any area of the throttle curve, it basically ignores that area of the throttle which makes sense for safety.

If you try Absolute Throttle, please report back here how it worked out for you as I may want to try it.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The absolute throttle setting will not happen if the issue is a reflection of your throttle signal.

I had also noticed my throttle linearization considered the top 20% of the pedal travel as 100%.

I then noticed the jitter in the throttle at WOT would bounce the signal from 100% to 80%, so the auto-cal was in fact working as designed.

After I shimmed my pedal assembly (as described in a previous post), I changed my linearization to 98% = 100% and the signal was very steady regardless of the pressure I placed on the pedal at WOT.

I also changed my speed curve so it is not very steep at the very end of the throttle travel so any future minor signal variations at WOT will not have a noticeable impact in the driving "feel".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well since it appears that nobody has tried the Absolute Throttle I decided to go ahead and try it. The instructions are clear except that there is an error. The throttle slope selection is backwards. I selected inverted for 5k-0. When I started to go for a test ride the slightest pedal movement would try to go WOT. I redid the directions and selected Normal 0-5k and everything worked well. My opinion is that the throttle has never worked so smooth. All of the rough spots are gone with a smoother takeoff. My advice would be if you are happy with your current throttle let it alone. If you are having any problems it's worth a try. Just remember to click SET when you do an adjustment. I did email Alltrax about the software problem but I haven't heard back. Attached is a copy of the instructions with the error marked.

One other interesting item is that the old Auto-Cal isn't mentioned in the new software manual, it appears that this is the new way to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180821_0001(1).jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 PM   #6
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the update. I just might have to give this a try.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think Alltrax is now calling the MCOR a 3-wire 0-5k throttle, the whole 0-5k or 5k-0 does not really mean anything on a 3-wire throttle.

Did You calibrate the throttle as a "Differential throttle" as indicated in the picture?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio My setting are Single Ended and Normal.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's been two weeks so I thought I'd give an update. Alltrax replied and said that they would look into the setup error, hadn't heard anything else. As for the throttle it has never worked so smoothly. As a matter fact I think it works smoother than my automobile throttle. So if your having problems with a rough throttle this might be worth a try. Just be careful with the setup error.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #10
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have a mcor 4 upgrade on my 2008 precedent IQ with Alltrax 400. The cart recently started cutting out when the pedal is pressed hard to the floor. I was told it is from the pedal being worn and going past the 100% mark and starting over. I hooked the Alltrax software and indeed the power drips from 100% and jumps to 40 or 60 or 80% when pushed just a little further than lightly touching the floor. The obvious and easy fix is to not push the pedal past lightly touching the floor. But in the real world, going over bumps pushes my foot down more and Power cuts out instantly. I tried putting something thin behind the pedal, but then I have to constantly push hard to keep 100% and that gets old. Would any of these methods of altering throttle or acceleration curves within the Alltrax software help me fix this issue? Thanks
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car