lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Deacsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 DS won’t run

Purchased this non-running DS to try and fix up. OBC wasn’t working so I was able to bypass that with some help from here. Installed new solenoid and was able to get power to the ignition switch. Checked F&R switch, and each terminal is getting power appropriately. Also motor passed the continuity test and I also hooked it up to a 12v charger just to make sure it turned, which it did.

And the batteries are good. I had them installed in my other cart while I was trying to figure out the charging issue and drove around the neighborhood with them a few times.

So only thing left would be the controller right? I tried the test listed here:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/club-c...eshooting.html

And I had pack voltage immediately from the B- and b+ terminals. When I pressed the pedal it stayed at max voltage and didn’t decrease.

I’m going by this wiring diagram, but I believe the previous owner may have done their own wiring because some of mine is different. I’ll try and post a picture

Also my motor has F1 and F2 terminals on the motor instead of S1/S2

My serial is AC0109
Deacsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
Deacsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 DS won’t run

Here is the new solenoid with the wires replaced how it was originally. I have the resistor and diode on order.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
jeremy98
Not Yet Wild

Do you know what control model you have installed? Also, does the motor that you have installed, have two different sized posts (A1, A2, F1, F2)?
jeremy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #4
Deacsfan
Not Yet Wild

Same size terminals on motor. Here is the controller:

Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #5
jeremy98
Not Yet Wild

The diagram that you are using is for an old Club Car series cart. The one that you want to use is for a shunt style. I have attached a wiring diagram for a DS with a IQ 1510 control. If and when you get power to the control, check pin 9 and 10 of the 16pin connector for battery volts. This will need to be checked with the two/run set to run and the key switch on. If either of these lines do not have any power, the control will not power up.
CLUB CAR DS 1510 WIRING.pdf
Old 08-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Deacsfan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! That diagram is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I checked the two pins on the connecter and both are showing battery voltage.
I found the checklist below, I’m going to try and run through it tonight
http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Club%2...%20Control.pdf
Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
jeremy98
Not Yet Wild

Glad I could help! Have fun and good luck with it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car