lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Another hog

I got out again this week and took my brother and his son hog hunting. They'd been at the gulf last weekend and sunburned themselves badly. That will be obvious in the pictures. At the last half hour of the last hunt I heard my nephew shoot. We got over there as quickly as possible where he announced he'd shot a coon. We drove up to the feeder and as we approached it became clear he had not shot a coon. When we got out we we discovered he'd taken the best boar so far on the lease. Here he is with his hog:

I can't tell you the grief we gave him over not knowing what a hog looked like, let alone how big it was. Here's my brother and the happy hunter:

The scale only went to 200 lbs, he buried that with his head still lying on the ground. I'm guessing he was 260-280lbs.

and had pretty good tusks:

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another hog

Yep that sun must hve gotten to him if he thought that was a coon.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Saw a show on DSC called hog bomb showed hogs in Russia that went over 800 lbs. Did point out how bad the hogs are, and that people are still putting them in new places. Hard to believe.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hope he was razzing ya'll as I wouldn't want to be in the woods with someone that couldn't tell the difference between a 15# coon and a 300# hog. Not to mention he was looking at it thru a scope!
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

He definitely hasn't gotten the hang of the varmint light yet. Darkness and the red light makes everything a little more challenging. Who knows though, if he was razzing us it was a good gotcha because we fell for it for sure. I was really glad he got one, this was his second hunt driving down here from Iowa and last time he didn't even see a hog. We plan to move that feeder out from the woods about 10 yards to make it a little easier to see next time (and to set up a bow stand I want to put there).

George
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

I would love to go hog hunting sometime, we just don't have them around here.
Maybe one of these years I'll be able to.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

If you want to follow Texas hog hunting and get more information about how and where people hunt, check out www.texasboars.com. There are a couple people there that offer night hog hunts with Gen3 night vision equipment. Someday I'd like to go do that. I can't justify a $3500 scope on my $600 rifle but a $200 hunt might be doable. There are many opportunities and they are much less expensive than any other out of state big game. Texas even has a special non-resident hunting license just to hunt hogs and exotics which is less expensive than the big game non-resident license. I love this state.

George
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing