lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Yamaha G22E Runs in Foward but no Reverse

I have a 2006 Yamaha G22E the cart was an old cart from a golf course. No Batteries, Controller, or Solenoid when I got it. I have since purchased Duracell batteries, Tombetta 48v solenoid from Red Hawk, and a used OEM GE Controller. I tested the motor by jumping wires from A1/F1 and A2/F2 and connecting 12volts to it. The motor turned the tires. I have since went through the wiring harness to make sure all wires were good. Fixed a couple of bare wires that were exposed. Got all the wires connected up to the batteries, controller, and solenoid. Turn the tow/Run to Run turn the key I get a click from the solenoid, press the pedal and it will run in forward. If I turn the F/R switch to reverse the solenoid will click when I press the pedal but nothing happens. No reverse buzzer sound when in reverse and key on or reverse buzzer sound when key off and in reverse. To get the cart going forward again I have to turn the key off and turn the Tow/Run to tow for about 15 seconds and then I can turn the F/R to Forward key on and moves forward again. Any help on what I can test to determine if it is a controller issue or a motor issue or even I wiring issue. I have looked at the wiring diagram until I have seen spots lol.

Wires I have ran
Cable from Neg. Battery post to negative post of Controller

Positive cable from positive post to large post of the solenoid

Jumper cable from other large post of solenoid to Positive of Controller.

Wire connector with 3A fuse connected to the large solenoid post with
Positive from battery.

Connector with the black and red wires connected to the small post of the solenoid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (223.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (4.9 KB, 0 views)
nsudemon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 Yamaha G22E Runs in Foward but no Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsudemon46 View Post
I have a 2006 Yamaha G22E the cart was an old cart from a golf course. No Batteries, Controller, or Solenoid when I got it. I have since purchased Duracell batteries, Tombetta 48v solenoid from Red Hawk, and a used OEM GE Controller. I tested the motor by jumping wires from A1/F1 and A2/F2 and connecting 12volts to it. The motor turned the tires. I have since went through the wiring harness to make sure all wires were good. Fixed a couple of bare wires that were exposed. Got all the wires connected up to the batteries, controller, and solenoid. Turn the tow/Run to Run turn the key I get a click from the solenoid, press the pedal and it will run in forward. If I turn the F/R switch to reverse the solenoid will click when I press the pedal but nothing happens. No reverse buzzer sound when in reverse and key on or reverse buzzer sound when key off and in reverse. To get the cart going forward again I have to turn the key off and turn the Tow/Run to tow for about 15 seconds and then I can turn the F/R to Forward key on and moves forward again. Any help on what I can test to determine if it is a controller issue or a motor issue or even I wiring issue. I have looked at the wiring diagram until I have seen spots lol.

Wires I have ran

Cable from Neg. Battery post to negative post of Controller

Positive cable from positive post to large post of the solenoid

Jumper cable from other large post of solenoid to Positive of Controller.

Wire connector with 3A fuse connected to the large solenoid post with

Positive from battery.

Connector with the black and red wires connected to the small post of the solenoid

Sounds like you need to test your wiring from the controller to and from the F/R switch because you aren't getting the buzzer. That means the controller isn't seeing you want to go backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

OK do you happen to know what pins on the controller harness plug that goes to the F/R switch. Im just not sure why the controller is shutting it down after the solenoid clicks when its in reverse and then have to toggle to tow and then flip the F/R back to forward and toggle back to run to be able to go forward. Im assuming the controllers have a self test of some sort.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 2006 Yamaha G22E Runs in Foward but no Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsudemon46 View Post
OK do you happen to know what pins on the controller harness plug that goes to the F/R switch. Im just not sure why the controller is shutting it down after the solenoid clicks when its in reverse and then have to toggle to tow and then flip the F/R back to forward and toggle back to run to be able to go forward. Im assuming the controllers have a self test of some sort.

Yes you can find the wiring diagram at http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/FX302_...nstruction.pdf

Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #5
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

I swallwd the F1 and F2 spade terminals on the controller and left the F/R switch on Forward and of course the wheels went in reverse and same issue when trying to make it forward by swapping the F/R switch. Im guessing thats pointing to an issue in the controller. Not sure if its F1 or F2 for reverse.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Did you check the wires going to the f-r switch from the controller? Using the instructions from FSIP?

Old 04-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A failed F&R switch (just below the cupholders) is not unhead of. since everything else seems to work, I would start there. It's not a "super common failure", but I have seen it a few times.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #8
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

Was able to rule out the F/R switch by putting it on another known working cart. Also was able to put a known working Moric controller back on it since thats what was originally on it and everything worked as it should. The issue is with the GE controller.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:41 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you are readily swapping from GE to Moric controllers so easily, I wonder about the large cable wiring. The GE used what you might call "low side drive", where positive power is supplied to the motor readily, and negative power is regulated by the contoller to control speed (just like most every cart with a motor controller does). But, Moric does the opposite, negative is readily supplied to the motor, and positive power is modulated to control speed (like no other "modern" cart I can think of). Sure you have that stuff right?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:16 AM   #10
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

This is the wiring diagram i used
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D6CE4BEE-0510-4A3C-9FA6-3C9614100FE0.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by nsudemon46; 04-21-2018 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Error
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha