lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

Default Uphill acceleration issues

I've got a 2010 Precedent that is slowing to almost a crawl going up hills. Using a GPS app on my phone I'm going anywhere from 12-15mph on a flat gravel road, but slow to about 6-7 mph uphill. I noticed that the pedal has to be almost half way down to the floor before I hear the motor click. I'm not sure if it has always been like that or if that might be related. I've only had the cart since April (bought it used).

So far I have replaced the speed sensor (because it was cheap and seemed worth ruling out). I have also tested the batteries the batteries with a voltmeter (>8 on all; 50.4 on the entire system).

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. This is my first cart so I'm learning about them as I troubleshoot this.
Amb3do is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Uphill acceleration issues

Do you know the age of the batteries?

Try hooking up your meter to the whole battery pack and monitor while going for a ride.
This is a poor mans load tester. Let us know what the voltage reading are when you are crawling up that hill.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

First impression is MCOR problem because the first half of the pedal does nothing. SO replace with MCOR4. 2nd thing I see your voltage less than 100%... and what is the pack voltage when you are going 6-7 mph up the hill?

1. Fix pedal linkage slop or replace bad MCOR as needed
2. Test batteries under load as described above.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are about 3 years old, maybe a little less. I will load test them tonight and see what I get.

Thanks for the advice everybody!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
HarryT
Gone Wild

6/7 MPH is pretty normal on our hills here in SC. I would check everything others have said but not be disappointed if your hills are really steep.
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

I'm in central MS and our "hills" are barely hills LOL. This slowdown happened recently, the first few months I had the cart the performance was much better.

Didn't get home in time to check the batteries last night but will tonight and report back.

Amb3do
Old 09-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #7
Amb3do
Not Yet Wild

Load tested the batteries just now. Went into the hill from flat ground at 49 or 50. When I got to the top it had dropped to 38/39. Does that sound right? Was going about 8/9 mph according to my gps app at the top of the hill, down from about 17 mph when I hit the hill.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like you may have a battery dropping out under load. Check each battery individually on the hill.
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car