lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
Jopa123
Not Yet Wild

Default Can't identify a tube coming out of engine

Please excuse my ignorance. I am no mechanic

I have a '97 Gas Club Car. Due to basic maintenance we have been "under hood" many times. Just yesterday we noticed a tube hanging loose off of the engine. Like a vacuum tube or a fuel line, Never noticed it before.

The tube is connected to the engine just after where the air intake meets the engine (near the carburator?).

Just things to note:
  • The cart runs fine
  • All 3 lines (tubes) coming from the fuel pump are connected.
  • There is a small x shaped plastic piece in the end of the tube that is not connected to the engine.

I'm thinking this is just some sort of breather tube that was clipped somewhere and fell out of the clip and is not supposed to be connected at the other end. But I cannot identify it in any of the exploded views on parts pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jopa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can't identify a tube coming out of engine

It connects to the valve cover.... The nipple is hiding under the metal bracket you see in my pic, the metal bracket is hidden under a big plastic cover..

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If it has a plastic "X" in the end of it, it's ether the fuel tank vent line, or the carb bowl vent line!

You can see the yellow tank vent line in JD's pic, there should be another just like it coming off of the carb,
neither of them connect to anything on the "X" end,
usually, they go through a hole in the frame and get tied off to prevent getting caught in moving parts.

On older carts, sometimes the bowl vent line just hangs off of the carb!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
srqco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgriner View Post
It connects to the valve cover.... The nipple is hiding under the metal bracket you see in my pic, the metal bracket is hidden under a big plastic cover..

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It's the Crankcase vent hose. The crankcase needs to have the fumes vented. Because of emissions and the face that there is a vacuum at the intake manufactures take advantage of this and pull a vacuum in the crankcase to remove the "fumes" that dirty the oil faster. Think PCV valve on a car.

Many people remove these. Myself included when I was younger and building hot rods. But as you start to understand it, it's better to burn some crankcase fumes than for them to blend in the oil and get suspended is your lubrication system.

Hope this helps. Bottom line don't remove it.
srqco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car