lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
Spraygun
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default RXV engine popping up

Got a 2013 RXV. Recently when I take off.It feels like the engine is popping up and smacking the underside of the front seat.When I park the cart.And pull up on the engine.It doesn't really go up that far.And there is no marks on the seat.It looks as though the engine just sits on top of the motor mount.That would be the mount on the front,facing the front end.I can pick up the motor.Should the motor be secured in this spot.Or is it designed to move?I hope I have been clear enough for advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 08-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Spraygun
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV engine popping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraygun View Post
Got a 2013 RXV. Recently when I take off.It feels like the engine is popping up and smacking the underside of the front seat.When I park the cart.And pull up on the engine.It doesn't really go up that far.And there is no marks on the seat.It looks as though the engine just sits on top of the motor mount.That would be the mount on the front,facing the front end.I can pick up the motor.Should the motor be secured in this spot.Or is it designed to move?I hope I have been clear enough for advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Well I see I have no comments. I'm still trying to fix this problem. So here's a picture of the front motor mount. The motor bounces up and down on top of it.Why is the travel so much? I will try to post a picture of the motor mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Spraygun
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV engine popping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraygun View Post
Well I see I have no comments. I'm still trying to fix this problem. So here's a picture of the front motor mount. The motor bounces up and down on top of it.Why is the travel so much? I will try to post a picture of the motor mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ok. I figured it out. These pins on the axle have broken off. Now I have to figure out how to fix it. One is sheared off gone. The the other one is broken but it has not falling out. At this point any help would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild
 
Rooster59's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: East Central Missouri
Posts: 1,955
Default Re: RXV engine popping up

You might want to find a schematic, like the one in the link.

http://www.ezgogolfcartguide.com/wp-...e-Mounting.jpg

I'm no expert on the RXV but it looks like you are missing some parts and it may have been installed wrong at some point too? Sort of looks like things are not right but you are definitely missing some parts like the head of the bolt we see the threads for sticking out the bottom of the mount setup.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild
 
Rooster59's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: East Central Missouri
Posts: 1,955
Default Re: RXV engine popping up

This is a photo of a modified, lifted motor mount. But you can see compared to yours there is a problem of missing parts on your cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ft-09-rxv.html
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
Spraygun
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: RXV engine popping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
This is a photo of a modified, lifted motor mount. But you can see compared to yours there is a problem of missing parts on your cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ft-09-rxv.html
There is no place for bolts. I think that's the way it is from the factory. My friends looks just like it.
I bought this from a huge golf cart dealership here in Houston. They did the modifications for for me. I assumed they knew what they were doing.
I think in the meantime, I'll try a couple of big zip ties around that motor mount,to keep the torque from lifting up on it. It's not like this thing has a lot of power anyway. Those two pins sheared off on the axle, and now I got problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Engine crackling & popping sound Gas Yamaha
Popping out of gear Gas Club Car
Robin engine popping and not winding up. Gas EZGO
Rear end popping Electric Yamaha
Popping out of gear Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.