lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: overheating

I prefer to see the motor casing under 150º while running. 180º is acceptable. That is real hot to touch but the problem is that once you stop moving the temp shoots up as much as 25º and that's getting toward the upper limit for the glues that hold everything in place. I use a temp sensor and dash readout where I'm concerned or testing.

Anyway - This motor and tire combo on 36v is drawing high amperage and that causes heat in the delivery system. The amp delivery system is the cables, F&R, solenoid, & speed controller.
Generally we like to see 400-500 amp controls with aftermarket motors, especially when big tires, rear seats, hills, and/or long runs are involved. At that point 4g cables are minimally acceptable by today's engineering.
In the past we did use 4g for up to 650 amp controls but today's mathematicians tell us we need bigger cables, controllers, and solenoids to sustain the high amp flow without overheating.
I would suggest the Alltrax SR48500 control with 400a MZJ solenoid and ideally 48 volt operation. 48 volts would improve speed & torque while reducing heat and improving run time. It's a win,win,win situation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #12
Jarrodnorris007
Not Yet Wild

Where do you suggest I order these parts from....(online)?
Jarrodnorris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:23 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrodnorris007 View Post
Where do you suggest I order these parts from....(online)?
www.cartsunlimited.net
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:15 AM   #14
Jarrodnorris007
Not Yet Wild

Soooo...... There is NO oil in my rear differential... and now it you touch the gas the golf cart jumps non stop until you release the gas (like your stabbing the throttle).
Jarrodnorris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO