lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Default identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

I just bought a precedent club car. After searching this forum I believe I figured out about what I have. Its a 48v 12vx4 setup. After studying I read the wiring thread and found a schematic for a 2002 to 2004 . Can someone tell me if I'm on point?
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
whit71
Gone Wild
 
whit71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Augusta SC
Posts: 273
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george lai View Post
I just bought a precedent club car. After searching this forum I believe I figured out about what I have. Its a 48v 12vx4 setup. After studying I read the wiring thread and found a schematic for a 2002 to 2004 . Can someone tell me if I'm on point?
Club car changed to 6-8v around 2008, so if its 4-12v it should be older than 2008. The precedent had two drive systems IQ, or Excell. If you don't have a serial number you need to get the model number of the controller to know which one you have.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
Club car changed to 6-8v around 2008, so if its 4-12v it should be older than 2008. The precedent had two drive systems IQ, or Excell. If you don't have a serial number you need to get the model number of the controller to know which one you have.
Thank you for your response! My controller is a M#1510-5201. S# 5108-CCR213210J. That's an IQ
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild
 
Hunter450's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 447
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

I have a DS and Club Car placed a second S/N tag on the frame of my cart under the front cowl high next to the steering shaft. I'm sure the Precedent guys will chime in shortly.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Send me some pictures of the battery compartment. It's possible that it could be newer than a 2008. Even though Club Car introduced the battery bucket in 2008 that would hold six 8-volt batteries, doesn't mean they all got 8 volts. That same bucket will hold 4 12's as well.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 8,156
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

If it is a Precedent it is between 2004 and 08. If it is not in the right side pass glovebox there might be one behind the keyswitch panel. If not, hooking a programmer up to it can tell you the year the controller was made.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Send me some pictures of the battery compartment. It's possible that it could be newer than a 2008. Even though Club Car introduced the battery bucket in 2008 that would hold six 8-volt batteries, doesn't mean they all got 8 volts. That same bucket will hold 4 12's as well.
Thank you for your help .there should be an attachment pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car battery tray.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

It's a 2004 - 2008.5. First generation.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it is a Precedent it is between 2004 and 08. If it is not in the right side pass glovebox there might be one behind the keyswitch panel. If not, hooking a programmer up to it can tell you the year the controller was made.
Thanks for mentioning that. not there either.
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #10
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: identifying the year of my golf cart with no tags.

Convert it to 6/8's and make yourself happy!
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Identifying the year and model of my used cart Electric EZGO
need help identifying the year of my cart Electric EZGO
Year 2 of ownership, Tags and Tax Credit question.... Tomberlin
Help identifying golf cart year. Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.