lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Will Speed Code 4 work if a high speed magnet does not?

I have a 2003 Club Car DS with the ADC motor that has the top hat speed sensor. The controller, the solenoid, the batteries, and speed sensor are all new. This cart is otherwise stock. I tried a high speed magnet from both Revolution Golf Carts and Fat Cat but I had no change in speed. The only issue I have ever had with the cart is that on random days the cart with quit on me while at full speed (14mph) for a quick second until I quickly take my foot off then on the accelerator. This resolves the issue and it does not come back. (Possible MCOR issue?) My question is, will Speed Code 4 bypass whatever underlying issue I have that is preventing the high speed magnet from working? Anyone else resolve a high speed magnet issue? I am looking for the "simple" solutions first before I travel with my golf cart to a professional. I live in Charleston, SC and I ultimately just want to make sure my cart is working 100%. I am not a golf cart pro but I typically do my research to figure things out. I have a previous thread related to this topic called "Reason for high speed magnet not working" that can provide additional information.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Will Speed Code 4 work if a high speed magnet does not?

Speed Code 4 raises the maximum allowed RPM. The contoller will "allow" the motor to run at 19.6 mph once it's programmed to setting 4. The speed magnet has already raised your maximum allowed RPM well above the speeds you're getting. There is something else wrong with your cart. Your symptoms are definitely those of a failing MCOR. AM293101 would be the correct MCOR4 conversion kit for your DS cart if you want to try that.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey David, do you feel strongly that by replacing the MCOR I will resolve this issue? I just don't want to be the guy that starts replacing everything with no improvements. Hard for me to travel out to you.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Have you checked your m c o r to make sure you are getting full throttle?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cart runs flawlessly except for the random cut out every few days. I get a steady 14 mph on flat ground which tells me I am getting full throttle to speed code 3. The accelerator pedal feel is great with no jumps or delays and is consistent.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You never posted your replacement Controller Model number in the previous thread, so all of the information being posted here may not apply to the Controller your have.

There is not a single OEM controller that will be able to maintain 14mph with 2 different magnets (4-pole and 8-pole), so either all of your magnets are 8-poles, or you have a unique controller.

This is one method to verify the number of pulses being generated by your speed sensor:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1244694
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I did not have an opportunity to check my controller so I could not update it. I did not install it so there is no telling what kind it is until I look. My cart functions the same way with a high speed magnet as it does with a non-high speed magnet. Does that explain something? I can run the pulse test if it will be beneficial. I read the link. Does it matter which of the four wheels I lift?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have to lift one of the rear wheels since the test involves rotating that single wheel to force the motor to turn.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #9
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I will do that. Will I definitely either read 2 or 4 pulses? Is it at all possible that the type of controller I have may not read them at all or could have an alternate reading? I have the equipment to test for pulses and I am familiar with it. I appreciate your help.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have an Alltrax DCX controller it will not read the speed sensor at all...

You may also have a standard magnet currently installed.

If You have a Curtis controller, That post I linked will tell you what type magnet you have installed.

Tags
charleston, club car, high speed magnet, speed code 4, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car