lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
mckayland
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas 1000 controller

When I look through the archives, I'm finding a treasure trove of info about the BBB Classic. I haven't started taking mine apart, yet. I'm going to have to do that in order to find out what brand of controller mine has. But it looks like it's going to be the Navitas 1000. It has a silver box(the ITS housing?) mounted on top of it that has an LED showing the trouble code. Three green flashes over a constant red light. My plan is to take out the controller and send it to FSIP or Navitas for a rebuild, thinking if I get mine rebuilt, it won't need to be re-programmed. Is that right? Can anybody tell me if there is some way I can be sure this controller needs rebuilding and not the ITS?
Butch
mckayland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
mckayland
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas 1000 controller

Okay, the silver box mounted on top of the controller with two strips of double sided tape is labelled Accelerated Systems Field Retrofit Controller, and it has the LED flashing the solid red light with 3 green flashes intermittent. I have the Navitas DSE1000-HF3 controller. Before I disconnect from all the wires, is there a way to make sure it needs rebuilding?
Old 11-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

I would say the first step is finding out what the blink code means... Most controls will have a list of faults with information to troubleshoot them. Depending on the severity of the fault one of the troubleshooting options may be 'replace controller' So if you try everything else it says to do first that leaves you with a probable rebuild situation.

I don't know much about Nivitas and BBB, but this small amount of info I have that has both companies logos on it (not sure if its correct but its possibly the system you are dealing with) says solid red with 3 green flashes is a

Pedal Fault. "The pedal ahs 2 independent sensors that are not consistent.

Check Pedal wiring - the output voltages from the pedals should sum to 5.0V.

Based on that I would guess the system has a dual-redundant throttle with two outputs. One should read a range of 5-0 while the other goes from 0-5 (half pedal would be 2.5 on each).
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
mckayland
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. That will give me a good place to start looking for the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts