lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
Hedger
Gone Wild

Default 2000 series cart ignition problem

Have a 2000 series cart that I bought with no batteries. Was told that the ignition switch was bad so they put in a toggle next to the charching receptacle. Long story short, it doesn't run. Had a wire from the toggle going to the white wire at back of receptacle and the other wire plugged into the top of the forward reverse directional switch.
Ignition wires were still plugged in but I'm not sure why. The green one was going into an orange wire that went into the controller.

I have no idea what to do from here. Thinking of going back to ignition but I'm nowhere near smart enough to read the electrical diagram.

Any suggestions short of taking it to the shop?
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 series cart ignition problem

That sounds okay, power goes to the F&R then the key switch. If your not using it remove the blue and green wires and connect them together or replace the defective key switch. power from key switch to pedal box switch to solenoid activation... see diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
Hedger
Gone Wild

I guess my question is, where do the wires from the toggle need to go and do I need to keep the wires from the ignition switch connected to anything? If I don't, I have a wire coming from the controller that's plugged into nothing. If anyone has a picture of what it should look like that may help. I struggle with the diagrams.
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Diagram like this is no big deal, each line represents a wire. You said wire from receptacle to toggle to F&R microswitch(MS). I said sounds okay. Diagram shows red wire from charge receptacle to F&R ms. That's the wire you have interrupted with the toggle (on/off) switch - that's okay
Diagram shows red (+) from F&R ms to keyswitch (ks) if ks is bad you need to bypass or replace it so (+) goes to the pebal box. I said splice blue and green at ks.
From there diagram shows wire to the solenoid.

If that's no help then lets try picture repair. you post pics and we look for problems.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO