lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Ever heard of these cart batteries?

Has anyone heard of , or have any input on a golf cart battery brand called
: Global?

I just ran into a battery shop, that sells these and says they are as good as trojan batteries for golf carts????

Lets hear it?//
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Ever heard of these cart batteries?

never heard of them ....
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
biggie1976
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Me either and our family owns a Napa.
biggie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm out here in the desert near Palm Springs, ca, and there are tons of carts and cart communties.

I was talking to a guy that runs a cart repair business, from the golf course in one of these communities, and that is where i heard this. He asked me if I ever used "Global" brand batteries in carts? He said they are less expensive than trojans, and every bit as Good. He gets them from the same company that he gets trojans from.

I will go back and get a look at one, and maybe can get a picture of one.
They are new batteries , NOT used or reconditioned!!

I know locally, a few places sell Interstate reconditioned cart batteries, that they get from the Interstate dealer. I would like to know how they "recondition" them? I heard they take used batteries and clean them up and "hot charge" them. They are selling 8 volt Interstate reconditioned cart batteries for 65.00 each with 6 months warranty. That doesn't sound like any deal to me, i can get new 8 volt trojans for 94.00 with a 2 year warranty.

Myself, i have only been using Trojans and ocassionally USBattery ( when the dealer is out of trojans), so when i come across something i haven't seen, i am curious.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am always skeptical about technical claims that are basically "trust me I used them all the time and never had a problem".

While not necessary the only criteria for capacity (plate design and composition are also factors), battery weight has a lot to do with the capacity You can expect from a battery.

Just use a simple bathroom scale and check the weight of those batteries and see how they compare to name brands.

As far as the reconditioned batteries, it depends on the fine print about exactly what constitutes a warranty claim, the battery may have an adequate "surface charge", but not give You much run time, You need the details on the warranty and who is behind it.

Some batteries are taken out of production early due to poor maintenance, those batteries may be good candidates for equipment like this one from FSIP:

http://www.fsip.biz/BatteryRegenerationXtender.html

On the other hand, if a battery has depleted all its active material, there is no magical solution to revive it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

pricey little machine
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

If memory serves, Interstate only gives 6 months on new cart batteries. I also own a cart shop and have never heard of Global. That being said, I once visited a Deka warehouse, and they have rows and rows of batteries with no labels. They also have a huge rack of stickers for all the different things they sell. They label them as they shipped them from that location. After seeing that, I elected not to buy from them as it would appear to be an easy way to run a shady battery business.

I personally wouldn't even sell "reconditioned" batteries. I also do automotive and I happen to be an Interstate dealer. (I don't sell Interstate cart batteries if that tells you anything) Interstate takes all of the returns and warranty batteries back to the warehouse and places them on a charger. The ones that charge and retest good are sold as "reconditioned" under the assumption that the car had a charging issue. Interestingly enough, the local interstate warehouse had a fire not to long ago that occurred where the reconditioning of return batteries was located (aka the charging returns lit up and burnt a portion of the warehouse down)

Trojans are, in my honest opinion, overpriced. They've become way to proud of their name and their price reflects it. I currently install and outright sell US Battery products. The US Battery products are rated nearly identical to Trojans of the same class, come with an equal and in some cases better warranty, and are priced far better.
The US 8VGC XC2 is a great battery and with core exchange you should be able to get them for about $100 each. The US 8VGCHC XC2 is a little better, but costs a little more as well. $94 is a pretty good price for the Trojan though
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car