lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

I have a 2004 48V DS electric Club Car (at least I think that is the year and model based on the serial number starting in AQ0422).

In foward golf cart will not move when fully charged. When pedal depressed hear a faint click but nothing else. Occasionally, in Fwd after the pedal is held down long enough there will be a faint whir but nothing else.

In reveres the golf cart will move about 10 feet after holding the pedal down for about 5 seconds and then die. After that still get the same faint click as when in forward.

Replaced batteries with brand new Duracell GC8 batteries 3 months ago. All batteries currently read approx 8.60 volts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jeff0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

Try a couple of things...put the cart in tow mode...pump the gas pedal up and down about 20 times...flip back to run and see if it moves...if not read total battery pack voltage...set your meter on 400vdc and read from pack negative...located on the driver's side to pack positive located on the passengers side...then report back.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

I may be jumping the gun, but I'm guessing the controller is bad.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Try a couple of things...put the cart in tow mode...pump the gas pedal up and down about 20 times...flip back to run and see if it moves...if not read total battery pack voltage...set your meter on 400vdc and read from pack negative...located on the driver's side to pack positive located on the passengers side...then report back.
Tried the pedal/tow mode with no success. Total battery pack voltage is 52.7.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Jeff,

I'm thinking the motor or the controller is bad. The faint "click" you're hearing.... Do you hear it in forward and in reverse? Let me know. Grab a multimeter and report back to me. We'll take it from here and figure this thing out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries
Will it run with partially discharged batteries?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm with MrGolf, that sounds like a controller... went through the same thing last summer on an EzGo project cart I bought....
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
jeff0181
Not Yet Wild

After sitting overnight not on the charger the total for pack voltage is 51.7.

The clicking noise occurs both in Foward and Reverse and clicks when the pedal is depressed about 30-45 degrees.

In reverse only it will move about 5-10' and the stop. In order to get it to move in reverse those 5-10' the pedal has to be held down for about 5-10 seconds.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #9
Waco
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After just going through something similar Here are my first questions. Did you buy the golf cart in not running condition? Did the cart ever run for you? I found my problem was a loose connection on the motor. There are a lot of wiring connections on the controller. If you don't know what kind of care the cart has had. Maybe it set outside a lot and connections just get bad. I cleaned all of them I could find. I don't really know how to check the controller or the motor. Maybe someone else here can help with that. But I learned how to clean connections. LOL. I think you have to start with cables and wires because it is a cheap fix.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:30 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm thinking your solenoid in not pulling in. Try this. Jack the rear wheels off the ground.(safety). On the solenoid there two large wires one on each large post. One post has a small wire. Remove the large wire from the post that doesn't have the small wire. Then connect it to the other large terminal. Disconnect battery when making connections. Or to make it easier jumper the two large solenoid terminals together with a large jumper like a battery jumper cable. Don't worry about the resistor. It's out of the circuit but put it back on after checking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solenoid Bypass.jpg (70.6 KB, 0 views)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car