lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Now that my cart is so fast...

I want better stopping action.

I know that 28 MPH is not all that fast, but stopping a limo cart at that speed is no small task either.

With that being said, just how hard is a disc brake conversion? I have seen a few different designs and don't know where to start.

wwwamericanliftkitscom/rear-disc-brakes
These look simple enough and they are made local to me but I just don't know what I need.
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Now that my cart is so fast...

I would go with ScottyB's kit.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Hi_Per...ce_Brakes.html

You can also add Jakes front disk brake conversion kit but youll have to go with their lift spindle kit also.
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Our rear disc brake kit from Ausco is $50 less than what you listed.

Another option would be wet disc brakes from my friend Rick at wheelsca (google it) A 4 wheel set would offer the MAX stopping power for this HEAVY load.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by idleize350 View Post

You can also add Jakes front disk brake conversion kit but youll have to go with their lift spindle kit also.
They almost look like the same ones. I can save myself $50 bucks! Hell Yeh!

Now I just need to decided what comes first, the ability to stop my cart better, or a pimped out audio system....HMM

That is a hard choice to make...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Another option would be wet disc brakes from my friend Rick at wheelsca (google it) A 4 wheel set would offer the MAX stopping power for this HEAVY load.
Thats a nice Kit!

Luckily i just have a 4 Seater TXT so hopefully all ill need is your rear disc kit
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
They almost look like the same ones. I can save myself $50 bucks! Hell Yeh!

Now I just need to decided what comes first, the ability to stop my cart better, or a pimped out audio system....HMM

That is a hard choice to make...

Hmmmm, stereo first. Then the paramedics will have some great tunes to listen to while they scrape you up.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #7
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

I got a set from wheelsca. That are awesome. I highly recommend them. I did rears only and they work great. The only problem I had was during the initial bleed when I did the install. I thought the pedal felt soft because I hadn't been able to get all the air out of the system. It turns out the problem was that the brakes are so strong that they were bending the bracket that mounts the master cylinder to the frame of the cart. No regrets at all and from now on every set of brakes I buy will be from wheelsca.

TJ

Last edited by thetoddjohnson; 02-11-2015 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: typo
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #8
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hmmmm, stereo first. Then the paramedics will have some great tunes to listen to while they scrape you up.....
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
I got a set from wheelsca. That are awesome. I highly recommend them. I did rears only and they work great. The only problem I had was during the initial bleed when I did the install. I thought the pedal felt soft because I hadn't been able to get all the air out of the system. It turns out the problem was that the brakes are so strong that they were bending the bracket that mounts the master cylinder to the frame of the cart. No regrets at all and from now on every set of brakes I buy will be from wheelsca.

TJ
We used to sell these kits. The Carts Unlimited flag cart was the first 4 wheel install for them... followed closely by my workhorse. We too struggled with the bleeding. Our customers had so much trouble we eventually tagged the kit 'advanced' hoping to discourage some sales. Eventually the tech support outweighed the profit and we had to stop selling them.
The Ausco cable operated disc brake kit is more installer friendly. The wet system combined with the very small lines was too much challenge for the average cart enthusiast. Plus the Ausco kit costs about half as much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brocks_cart.jpg (97.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg img_1772 (2).jpg (299.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #10
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by idleize350 View Post

I just ordered this kit with the line extensions. Not sure I will need them but better safe than sorry

I hope these will do the trick. I don't really want to do the front, especially since I just installed a new lift and would have to change out.

If not, I may look at re-programing the controller to slow down the cart if that can even be done...

Thanks for the help everyone
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO