lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
itsOld2
Not Yet Wild

Default time to share(charger)

Hi all,i picked up a 2001 club car a wile back and dident now anything about golf carts.So i started lookin on the old net to see if i could get any info on what i got myself into and found this site.WOW what a bunch of info here it took me a wile to figure out what i had and what i needed to do.....so let the story begin.Purchased cart 250 $ no batteries no charger,determined it was a2001 seres cart.Cleaned all wire connections and replaced any bad connectors also cleaned and scraped out batt boxes.Purchased new batteries and 4 guage cabels and installed them.cart worked great.dident want to run new batteries untill i full charged them so went and bought a used power drive 2 charger.Heres where all the trouble begins.Charger wont kick on.The moron i bought the charger from swore the charger was good and like a idiot i believed him.checked all wireing to obc everything looked good fuses good so went out and bought a new obc.Same thing no charge.take charger to cart shop and walla charger dont work..should of done that first....Meanwile the guy i bought the charger from stoped taking my calls......Well i figure how hard could it be to fix a stupid charger..replace rectifier and relay..now the charger clicks on but no charge????....OK now im smookin. i remove new obc and put old obc back in same thing. so i l take new obc and charger to cart shop were i bought obc, thinkin he may have sold me a bad obc.Same thing at cart shop his charger works on floor model mine just clicks.I GIVE UP.......All right after cooling down period and a bunch of beer i get on BGW and start lookin for a cure..I find pictures of my charger in living color, i print them up and head to garage hopen for the best...Youre not going to believe this the charge cord was wired up wrong apparently the moron i bought the charger from put a new cord on and put the red wire to the fuse comeing from the rectifier and the black wire was connected to the ampmeter.. i couldent believe my eyes...i cut off wire ends(different connectors)put on right connectors connect wires like the picture plug in charger and IT WORKED.. THANKS BGW..I hope this helps someone in the future (on what to do and what not to do)Ps old obc was good..i now have a new one for the future lol
itsOld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: time to share(charger)

i don't think i would want to buy or anything there anymore.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: time to share(charger)

itsold2,

Nice job getting the charger wired up correctly

There's lots of threads to read on this forum for just about any fix or upgrade that you want to do to your cart....and plenty of help from the forum gurus
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car