lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Predator 420 Swap Thanks VC

I guess I posted this build thread in the wrong section lol Well I'm just going to let the pictures speak for them selves at this point it's almost a done project lol.

Here's the list of Mod's
Predator 420cc
Comet 780 Clutch
Chevy 1 wire alternator
Brand new windshield
Brand new Top and supports
Custom Lazy Life Seat cover's
14" wheels and 22" tires
Jakes 6" A-Arm lift
Carbon fiber dash
Carbon fiber wheel and Chrome adapter
Updated Driven Claw and ramps
Custom built Exhaust Nice tone to it.
Edlebrock Choke knob

Mods Soon to come
Brush guard front and rear
4 Speaker Stereo mounted in Dash and speakers mounted below the seat
Lights with Reverse lights and blinkers
LED Accent Lighting
And some Diamond plating in the foot well and cargo area.
Rear seat
Atv Shocks
not sure what else you can do at that point lol.....

Here's after I torn everything down to nothing and found tons of rust looked like it just sit in water for years!

New Wheels And Tires!!!!!!!

Engine Installed

s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #2
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Predator 420 Swap Thanks VC

Be Cautious with new Rustoleum Can's This sucker blew up in my hand and knocked a soft ball size hole in my Garage door!

Body Painted and getting put back on

The last couple are the most current Will update more tomorrow when I get her finished up still waiting on a side pillars to come in so I can get them painted and put on.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

THANK YOU GEOFF AT VEGAS CARTS! ALL YOUR PARTS FIT PERFECT! And your help with all this has been awesome. Future plans are to swap this out for a 3cyl Diesel with a turbo and some big ol'stacks and air horns!
Except the starter Gen mount it wouldn't work because I dropped the front of the engine mount down about 5" the Starter gen hit the crossmember afterwards Oh well, I will sell the Starter/Gen mount for 50.00 with all hardware if anyone is interested will also sell the Starter Gen for 80$ shipped
Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Nicely done! I like the yellow. Did you get any pics of the alternator setup? I'm considering doing the same thing, was curious how you built the brackets etc. How did you wire the alternator? Just one wire from battery, one back to battery, one ground?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Nicely done! I like the yellow. Did you get any pics of the alternator setup? I'm considering doing the same thing, was curious how you built the brackets etc. How did you wire the alternator? Just one wire from battery, one back to battery, one ground?
I am still building the brackets but what I am doing is mounting it above the motor I'll post some pictures of the mount setup.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Btw On my alternator it's a single wire run directly to the battery i have a duralast part number if you wanted as well let me know and I will post it.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Chris Bridges
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey I love the exhaust setup you put on there. I've got a Yamaha and just purchased that same Predator engine. Was wondering the best way to run the pipes out, and yours looks pretty clean. It must be super quiet with that car muffler on it. By the way, that spay can explosion is terrifying. I've dropped one while on a ladder painting a rotor blade, it landed on a sharp rock and shot back up past me like a rocket.. but Ive never seen one just blow up like that. I'd call rustoleum and ask them WTFH?
Chris Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:42 AM   #9
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bridges View Post
Hey I love the exhaust setup you put on there. I've got a Yamaha and just purchased that same Predator engine. Was wondering the best way to run the pipes out, and yours looks pretty clean. It must be super quiet with that car muffler on it. By the way, that spay can explosion is terrifying. I've dropped one while on a ladder painting a rotor blade, it landed on a sharp rock and shot back up past me like a rocket.. but Ive never seen one just blow up like that. I'd call rustoleum and ask them WTFH?
I used a harbor freight tubing bender to bend the pipe and the car muffler was given to me when I purchased the cart not sure what it was for originally. What I did to get the muffler to fit the smaller pipe was cut a 1" slit on the muffler inlet pipe then formed it around the exhaust pipe and welded the slits closed and welded the muffler to the pipe it's SOLID lol took it on a test ride tonight and went through a huge ditch and smacked it right into the dirt hard and it didn't phase it in the least!
If you want I can take more pictures of the exhaust setup so you can see It was really simple to bend the pipe I eyeballed it so I don't have any measurements to give but I can send pictures for sure.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #10
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Looking good S10. I love my G9's
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
420 swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps