lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 01:23 AM   #1
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Ever heard of Chappy Carts?

WEBSITE IS https://chappycarts.com/our-carts/

Looking for a six-seat golf cart for our church and ran across a listing on FB by a dealer here in the Atlanta area that sells "Chappy Carts." The cart looks great and is loaded, brand new, but the cost is considerably less than an equivalent EZ-Go or Club Car so some alarm bells went off. I did as much research as I could and it looks like this one location is all there is - a reference to a Savannah, GA similar dealership but looking at their site, it appears they are no longer in the CHAPPY biz. Fact that Savannah was a location leads me to believe they are coming from over seas. Take a look at the FB advertisement attached. I did reach out with him the last couple of days and as of yet have not received a response.
The church shot the guy who recommended the 8-seater so don't want to fall into same trap. Too good to be true sometimes is? Looking forward to any thoughts you might have. Thank you.
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 05:41 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ever heard of Chappy Carts?

See my response to your Star cart inquiry. There are Chinese manufacturers that will build these "fake EZGO" carts with whatever brand name / label you want. I've seen them come through with all kinds of different name plates but the same junk mechanicals. If you are looking for long term reliability and ease of repair stay with the "big three": Club Car, EZGO or Yamaha. Yes they will cost more for the initial purchase, but will save you money and headaches in the long run.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ever heard of Chappy Carts?

Thank You Meimk
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay