lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #1
methodic_khaos
Not Yet Wild

Default Duromax 18hp switchbox wiring

I just installed a 18hp into my mid 80’s Columbia. I’m wanting to add a remote ignition line off the start box (or engine wires) I can not find a diagram for my engine. I have:
1 yellow wire off the oil level switch
2 yellow wires off the oil level diode?
1 brown wire coming from the block
1 black wire coming from the coil area

The control box works for on and off (no battery yet) but I’m not sure what the wires actually are. Any help or link to an existing thread would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25897592-DF12-482C-A967-E5596D02D524.jpg (25.2 KB, 0 views)
methodic_khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
Low-Tec
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Duromax 18hp switchbox wiring

Going from memory, the brown wire is the charging wire, only a 3amp it won't do you much good. The black wire is from the ignition coil and you ground it to kill the engine.
Low-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
methodic_khaos
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Low-Tec... Yes the brown is the charging wire from the charge coil. (shown as brown going to white in the pictures)

I spent a decent mount of internet searching and wire testing... attached is what I have found. I hope it helps the next guy.

FYI...
The coil wire is AC (~20vac), if it runs through the Control Box it comes out as DC (~14vdc)
The oil senor wire grounds when low oil is present only.
The On/Off switch grounds the ignition coil through the chassis of the Control Box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Connections.jpg (73.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Connections 2.jpg (46.8 KB, 0 views)
methodic_khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
lrw_3
Not Yet Wild

I dont know if you have figured it all out yet but I wired an 18hp Duromax up to a push start button. If you need help let me know I can send pictures of how I have mine set up.
lrw_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #5
coachgkj2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodic_khaos View Post
Thanks Low-Tec... Yes the brown is the charging wire from the charge coil. (shown as brown going to white in the pictures)

I spent a decent mount of internet searching and wire testing... attached is what I have found. I hope it helps the next guy.

FYI...
The coil wire is AC (~20vac), if it runs through the Control Box it comes out as DC (~14vdc)
The oil senor wire grounds when low oil is present only.
The On/Off switch grounds the ignition coil through the chassis of the Control Box.
Thanks this helps alot do you have anything like this for adding a starter generator to a predator, with the pedal switch and the voltage reg included?
coachgkj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps