lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
RIPGSXR
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 will not idle

I would like to start out by saying HELLO! I am new to this forum and have already got hooked!

Now, with all that out of the way... I have a G14 that will not idle. When I step on the gas it just takes off. Would the problem be in my clutch? When I put the cart in neutral and give it gas the belt still turns. On every other gas golf cart that I have seen the belt does not move when the cart is in neutral. Any help would be great!

Thanks
RIPGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 will not idle

What you describe is normal
Neutral is in the trans axle.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
RIPGSXR
Not Yet Wild

So your telling me that it is normal for the G14 to not stay in one place with your foot lightly pressing on the peddle and idle, then take off when you press the peddle a little farther? My friends 2006 EZGO will idle before it takes off.
RIPGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Sounds like you may need to adjust the throttle cable to get it to idle.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Or maybe adjust your idle screw
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

With the shifter in "Nuetral", The belt will spin the clutch,since there isn't any resistance against it.In gear,you may be able to get it to just barely idle,before it begins moving.They aren't designed to idle.You can adjust the throttle-cable and idle-speed screw,but if the belt is tight,it may be hard to get it to idle without moving.A worn or oversize belt will be more forgiving,and allow it to idle,at the cost of performance.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually the throttle cable is too tight. I adjust it so the top of the pedal moves 1" after the engine starts to where the carb starts to open. So that 1" it idles and nothing happens. Some carts do creep from belt drag, but you can still make them idle. Set the idle pretty slow just faster than the gen spins it to start. Mine is slow and I can sometimes shift gears with it idling, sometimes not. I find they start faster with the idle set to idle. A carb does not deliver fuel properly when the plate is all the way shut (set to no idle speed). If it pops when you slow down you need to richen the idle some, though some say they have to set idle speed to nothing to stop it...I never have.

This happens a lot because people think more throttle makes the cart go faster. Of course adjusting/changing the governor makes them go faster, not adjusting the pedal.

Usually the pedal switch can also be adjusted you can set that to come on fairly close to the pedal stop, if you even need to mess with it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha