lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Culln5
Getting Wild

Default Addicting!

Wow! I did not think that getting a golf cart to haul my big a$$ around the neighborhood and to the pool would become so obsessive. LOL. I bought a 2007 CC Precedent with a rear fold down seat and mirror. Now all I do is think about what to do to it. I have added a motorcycle radio, dual flags (for the kids) and a speed switch.

- Where would you start?

- What are the pros and cons of lifting the cart?

- Does anything address performance and style at the same time?

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Addicting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culln5 View Post
Wow! I did not think that getting a golf cart to haul my big a$$ around the neighborhood and to the pool would become so obsessive. LOL. I bought a 2007 CC Precedent with a rear fold down seat and mirror. Now all I do is think about what to do to it. I have added a motorcycle radio, dual flags (for the kids) and a speed switch.

- Where would you start?

- What are the pros and cons of lifting the cart?

- Does anything address performance and style at the same time?

George
Congratulations George and welcome to the insanity.

IMHO I would start by assessing the status/shape of your batteries, tires and other mechanicals. If you find anything needing attention you can pencil those as first on your list for upgrades.

Of course, if you make a hobby of your cart then money is probably the limiting factor. Good luck to you and keep us informed

Give your post a little time and others will surely check in on your post to give you specifics. I don't know enough of any one thing to give you great advice.

God Bless
Gonk
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Welcome! Man, I can relate. All I can think about is working on my cart these days. Welcome to the obsession!

The great news is there are no limits to where you can go with the design, only your imagination and wallet. A lot of folks on here know what they want to do but end up fabricating it to save some money. Spend some time reading the build posts in Members Rides to get some ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
B-Well
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

oh yes. you got the bug!

Like GON said, check and double check all your mechanicals first, then turn to cosmetics.

As far as lifting goes, you will lose torque but gain speed. The larger tire diameter effectively increases your final drive ratio.

The limits are nearly endless. have fun and happy carting
B-Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like everyone has said before, Safty First! Check to make sure that everything is in good working order on the cart before anything else. Getting hurt is no fun for you or your family members!

After that, hit the member's rides and lifted golf carts sections and look over the pictures of what others have done with theirs. Don't worry about if it's the same cart as yours, as most everything that is done to one brand of golf cart can be done with another.

When you find something you like, write down what it is that you like about it (you might want to save the picture for later referance). Also check out any controller and electrical upgrades people have done while you're reading their build thread and ask questions if you need to.

Once you have your list of what you want your cart to look and run like, you'll have a game plan for your cart.

Be fore warned though, some of the amounts needed to purchase the items you want might need to be budgeted a little here and a little there. Used, but still good, parts are another option to keep costs down.

You'll want to start with the mechanical things first. Paint and / or decals come after you won't be slinging wrenches or throwing things. Destroying a new paint job will flat out ruin your day!

I would look at wheels, tires, and lift amounts first. Trust me, it's easier to go with a picture to see if you like something or not than explaining to your wife / significant other why you have to buy another set of wheels or a lift kit because you don't like the one(s) you currently have.

After that comes the fancy bits and toys. If you're wanting to install lights, a better radio, bigger speakers, or a battery meter, now is the time to do it. If you slip while cutting an opening, it can be fixed a whole lot easier now than before any paint work gets done.

Last comes paint and seats. The reason I added seats to the last part to be done is if you stab a hole into or slice a new seat cover while working on the cart, your day can be ruined almost as bad as destroying a new paint job with a wrench.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to go about starting to envision what your dream cart will turn out like.

Just remember, YOU have to like the golf cart at the end of the build or you will not enjoy driving it. What someone else likes might not be the same as what you and your family like or want to suit your personal needs and vice versa. The only exception to this rule is the state mandated safety equipment for driving on the roads. Even if you don't want certain things on the state's list, you still have to have 'em.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Congratulations George and welcome to the insanity.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center