lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Sandman317140
Not Yet Wild

Question Pargo No-Go

My |Pargo cart wouldn't move today after a battery charge. I can hear the solenoids click as I press on the accelerator. Batteries are one year old and in great shape. It has seven solenoids. I am trying to figure out where to start troubleshooting. I can push the cart freely. The problem started when it started to hesitate to move in reverse. It has a new accelerator switch installed last year Kind of at a loss at where to start. Any help greatly appreciated. I rescued this cart from the junkman and it has given me 2 years of good service. I would love to get it going again. Thanks
Sandman317140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
pargo_fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Pargo No-Go

Hello Sandman, My cart also has 7 solenoids. The first three solenoids left to right are the speed solenoids, and you will hear them click even with the key switch off. The next four are forward/reverse. I doubt you had one from each set fail at the same time. I would check the forward reverse switch. Some cards have a two position key switch, others like mine now just have a double throw toggle. Either way you have to get control voltage to the forward reverse solenoids. (this circuit starts at the accelerator speed switch, the white wire on the c terminal is energized thru the whole pedal travel and activates the forward/reverse solenoids)
Hope this helps
Robbie
pargo_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Sandman317140
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Pargo No-Go

Thanks for the info. I will try that as soon as I have the time.
Sandman317140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts