lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
JimBinMI
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 CarryAll Turf 2 Lift

Here are some pics. One of the broken axle (drop spindle) and two of the metal bar with bolt clamp that I'm using as a steering limiter. The steering limiter pics are taken from the driver's side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Broken axle.jpg (110.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Steering Limiter.jpg (108.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Steering Limiter 2.jpg (48.7 KB, 15 views)
JimBinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

FYI... The Factory Club Car lift kit not only lifts the car enough to allow for 22X11X10 tires, but it also lengthens the wheelbase by a couple of inches by pushing the front end forward. No rubbing issues what-so ever with this setup. It's the only way I'd ever consider lifting a DS or Carryall for this very reason.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #13
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
FYI... The Factory Club Car lift kit not only lifts the car enough to allow for 22X11X10 tires, but it also lengthens the wheelbase by a couple of inches by pushing the front end forward. No rubbing issues what-so ever with this setup. It's the only way I'd ever consider lifting a DS or Carryall for this very reason.
Jim, you've already experienced what an inferior design can do to the safety of you and/ or other drivers and passengers, and have been fortunate. I commend you for trying to limit the dangers, but if something does happen with this lift and someone is hurt, can you live with it? Jus sayin.

Seriously.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
JimBinMI
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The company told my dealer (my wife's business) that mine was the first axle out of over 300 kits sold that broke. In addition, I haven't heard of anyone else with a broken axle from this company, Red Hawk.
Yes, I wish I would have bought American. That said, I'm the one that drives it 98% of the time and if I didn't feel safe, I'd change it now. I don't use it a lot, just for some work around the yard and the lot we own across the street.
If it breaks again, I will replace it with an american made lift.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
JimBinMI
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I didn't know that there was a factory Club Car lift kit. Does anyone have a link to it?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No link... You've gotta get it at a Dealer. Part number AM10755 for electric, AM10756 for Gas.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
JimBinMI
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2015, 12:18 AM   #18
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Hello, I am digging up an old post here but I assume the 22x11x12 wheels could also be used on a Carryall with this kit. When installing 10 or 12" wheels are any kind of spacers wheels need for the front brakes?
roy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy63 View Post
Hello, I am digging up an old post here but I assume the 22x11x12 wheels could also be used on a Carryall with this kit. When installing 10 or 12" wheels are any kind of spacers wheels need for the front brakes?
The factory lift kit will work fine on a Carryall with front wheel brakes. Spacers are not necessary. It's the exact opposite actually. The front wheel brake spindles bring the stance out wider than the standard spindles do. Because of this, you'll need different wheels. I believe the correct off-set was a 5/2 as opposed to a 3/4 on the rear. This brings the tires back in under the front cowl where they need to be. The lack of availability of custom wheels with this offset has always been a problem. Club Car offers front wheels with the correct offset in a 10" rim in either white or grey. Regular solid steel wheels. Not sure what look you're after. Give me some ideas and I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:01 AM   #20
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was looking into a 12" alu wheel but started thinking about the offset with the brakes. I am new to the CC carts and am looking to have my T's crossed and my I,s dotted when I pull the trigger. I was looking at getting a factory Z lift from Potter Motors in Albany GA. that's where I got my 2000 Carryall 6 from. I wasn't sure about the 12" or 10" wheels with the 22x11 all terrain tire and I like the look of the 12" wheels and the lower profile of the 22" tire.
Thanks again for helping a noob!
roy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car