lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #71
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soponies View Post
Alright I’ve tried this. The brakes have a very hard time catching in now as if the engine is running too strong. Brakes work fine when black wire is connected so just think the engine is too much. Tried adjusting the idle and turning that screw does nothing at all. Checked to make sure it was the right screw and still, nothing changes by turning it. Any advice?
An idle is an idle... (engine "putt putting" without shutting down when you lift off of the GO pedal)
It doesn't have anything to do with the brakes or how strong or fast the engine is.

Click pic to enlarge...

FE290carb1.jpg

The idle screw is #9... not #15.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #72
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
An idle is an idle... (engine "putt putting" without shutting down when you lift off of the GO pedal)
It doesn't have anything to do with the brakes or how strong or fast the engine is.

Click pic to enlarge...

Attachment 171303

The idle screw is #9... not #15.
Yes adjusted that and what you’re saying makes sense. Just trying to figure out why and how to fix the issue of the cart stopping fine when the black wire is in but being insanely difficult to stop when it’s not starched.
soponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #73
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The only thing I can think of is that the idle is set too high, preventing the cart from stopping as it should!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #74
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrzy View Post
Thanks for posting this. Did it to my precedent and works great. I have the 200RPM spring to install this weekend. I decided to disable the switch that makes it cut of when switching gears. Love it, no more stopping and starting.

What year is your Precedent? I have an 08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #75
JeffSylvia
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can this be done on the Precedents ?
JeffSylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:13 AM   #76
JeffSylvia
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

Why yes it can LOL , works great on mine, Thanks !
JeffSylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:54 AM   #77
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Bumping this thread. Read through trying to get more info on this idle mod. One item not mentioned is adjusting the idle mixture screw on the carb. Some of you that have had issues trying to get a good idle may need to twiddle with the idle mixture. A stock cart doesn't really use the idle jets as the main jets kick in anytime you push the peddle far enough for the cart to move. I'm thinking the idle mixture could be off by quite a bit and you wold never know it till you made this mod and discovered your cart won't idle.

I'm still toying with this mod, right now have mine back to stock as I was having issues with getting it to idle low enough to not creep without shutting off. Also my understanding is the solenoid isn't activated with the peddle all the way up so the battery isn't being charged regardless of engine RPM. I think this mod needs to go a step or two further but not exactly sure how to get there.
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #78
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Would like to do this mod to my 2017 with EX-40 motor but need some help.
It would appear that the EFI engines are maybe set up a little different than previous models.
Any help with this would certainly be appreciated.
tomakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:24 PM   #79
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Bumpski
tomakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:44 AM   #80
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakazi View Post
Would like to do this mod to my 2017 with EX-40 motor but need some help.
It would appear that the EFI engines are maybe set up a little different than previous models.
Any help with this would certainly be appreciated.
Tomakazi I can tell you the differences I do know...... I have two (2015) (2016) Carryall 500 both have the Subaru EFI EX-40 motors. One is pedal start and the other is key start. First off the drive belts are different (part numbers) . The starter generator has a different part number as well. and of course the ignition switch is different . I definitely think the transmission (gears) in the key start model takes more abuse. Just my 2 cents.........
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idle, idle fix, idle mod
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car