lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Bgerk
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 98 carry all quit suddenly

My 98 Carry all (lifted w/22"s) has run perfect since getting it two years ago. When I got it I did a tune up (plug, filters,fuel pump, syntetic oil)....since, maybe 6 hours max of usage. Saturday it was running fine, hit a bump and it quit right away. Its at my camper/with no tools. Its getting gas I know, but basically sits and cranks and cranks with nothing. Two times it barely tired to start....very weakly for a split second....but then absolutely nothing. What are my best odds of whats wrong?...

In the morning I'm ordering a plug and whatever else I might need to take with me next weekend when i go down.....any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.

Brian
Bgerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 carry all quit suddenly

I'll leave it up to the experts to give you a more definitive answer but it sounds like a short issue. Check for any loose wiring.
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Bgerk
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yeah, thats the direction I'm heading so far...just stinks driving all that way with no parts in hand just to do it all over if I dont find anything....

B
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bring a test light. Check the engine ground connection and then the micro switches ...verify you have spark.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Bgerk
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well, ended up hauling it back home...decided it was easier that packing up my whole tool chest. Conclusion, it was the Carb., it had a lot of gunk in it. my guess is when i hit the bump it got sucked up out of the bowl. Cleaned it out and it fired right up after. Seems to be a bit smoother, hard telling though. The other thing I replaced was the plastic pin that holds the throttle cable to the carb...I cant beleive they would make this thing out of plastic....it was wore 99% thru it...Something to look for.

While its here I'm putting in a new rack and tie rod ends...its taken some pretty good licks the past two years and the steering was getting a little to sloppy for me.

Have a question....Anyone ever used Octane Booster in the carts? would it help it to burn the gas more efficiently? I'm not looking for any type of power gain.

Thanks for the advice!!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

No noticable power gain, keep in mind we're talking @9HP motor, For us at the lake running every weekend all weekend we might fill up twice if that.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Bg is that your carry all in your avatar? If so very nice. I would not use octane boosters of any kind, they only help with higher compression and advanced spark. I have seen smaller less hot rodded engines make less horse power on the dyno with high octanes.

THAT said I use stable in all gas that I put in a can for cart,mower, chainsaw, boat, you get the picture. GOOD LUCK.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car