lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cart just died

So when I was backing my 1999 ez-go cart in last night it just died ,the power indicator still reads good and when I hit the gas I can hear that clicking noise the electric carts make which I believe is the soelinoid so that leads me to believe I am getting power to there anyway .I don't know a whole lot about controllers and such but I am wondering if there is some way to test my controller .I did put a new more powerfull motor in a few years ago but did not upgrade the stock controller because I bought the biggest one I could use without having to do anything with the controller .Any thoughts ?
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart just died

Have you tried wiggling the F&R lever? Slamming it into F&R af few times? Sometimes the contacts wear out in the F&R ...... Or it could be the throttle indicator not sending the signal to the controller? Or no power supply to fire up the controller .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

First off check all your battery connections even the connections at the motor. Using a voltmeter see if you are getting voltage out of the solenoid.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Stroller
Not Yet Wild

This one sounds familiar to me. I wonder how much dynamite it would take to make a vid for myth busters. Mine eats, or ate, solenoids and yep got them from an Ez-Go dealer. Oh well now I put in new MS2, the one that has a wire from the solenoid to it. It showed no continuity. Now the solenoid has no voltage at the terminal that goes to that switch. Should I just blow it up or keep replacing stuff as it doesn't pass testing to get to the next step?

All I can say is good luck and I sure hope you have an easy fix. Get a digital Volt-Ohm meter and check voltage. By the way do you have the owners manual to that thing? It does help, I think. At least it gives a nice guide to follow circuts.
Stroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So is it possible the contacts would wear out while I was actually driving ,I forgot to say that part I was actually moving when it stopped ,no noises or anything .I will check the F&R when I get home and the throttle indicator ,if you could give me a heads up where it is that would save me some time "and beer for that matter" .Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I checked my connections last night and everything looked good there ,I also did the moving the F&R lever back and forth a bunch of times with the gas slightly depressed still nothing .I did install new 4 gauge wires between the batteries about a month ago could I have possibly hurt something while doing that ?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
So I checked my connections last night and everything looked good there ,I also did the moving the F&R lever back and forth a bunch of times with the gas slightly depressed still nothing .I did install new 4 gauge wires between the batteries about a month ago could I have possibly hurt something while doing that ?
Do you have a Run/Tow Maint. switch on the controller cover?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No I do not have that switch .
Old 05-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Good, so it appears you have a 1999 TXT. FNR below drivers knee. Series motor/controller system. Have you tried jumping the solenoid to see if the cart will move?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No I have not tried that yet ,I will have to look through some diagrams to see where it is ,not real savy on golf carts yet but is it the same concept as a vehicle ,ground the two posts and if it runs the soelinoid is bad ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO