lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
bigbig
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 EZGO TXT Skid Plates

I have a Beast48 hunting buggy, which is on a 2010 EZGO TXT frame. I've searched everywhere for an undercarriage skid plate that will protect the linkage tied to the gas and brake peddles. I've even tried to find Bad Boy Buggy skid plates online that may fit, but can't even find those. Aside from trying to find a place that can custom make one, any ideas?
bigbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO TXT Skid Plates

Just a thought. I haven't crawled under my cart in quite a while, so I don't even know if this is possible.

Could you buy some thick sheet metal and with minor bending and cutting, build your own? Either buy new material from mcmaster.com, or buy a scrap car hood or trunk.

It wouldn't have to be pretty, as you probably wouldn't see it. Maybe throw in some angle or tube steel as needed for fastening, and maybe even reinforcing.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
bigbig
Not Yet Wild

I'm no fabricator or welder by any stretch, but that may be my only option. What do others use, if anything. When I'm off road (I've also posted this in the Off-Road section) I can sometimes feel the gas peddle be taken from me if something under the cart grabs or rubs against the spring, or cable, or whatever is under there. Just trying to avoid that from happening.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

I picked up a gas tank protector from a 99 suburban that I will trim to fit and fab some mounts, may work for you.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbig View Post
I'm no fabricator or welder by any stretch, but that may be my only option. What do others use, if anything. When I'm off road (I've also posted this in the Off-Road section) I can sometimes feel the gas peddle be taken from me if something under the cart grabs or rubs against the spring, or cable, or whatever is under there. Just trying to avoid that from happening.
My welding skills are pretty poor, so I use bolted or screwed connections where ever possible.

I've also bottomed out in soft dirt on hills and had the pedals move. Also had to pull some small branches out from time to time, and I do little off-roading. With a hunting buggy, I think this would be a good idea.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

When I installed my front Jake's Brakes hydraulic's on my TXT cart, I had a set of custom stainless steel "caliper protectors" made along with a stainless steel "U" channel made for attaching under the cart to protect the hydraulic lines from harm.

But for the gas and brake peddles, I've just not given much worry about them. A few logs or rocks may have slipped by my vision now and then, but for the most part, that linkage is pretty strong stuff and when your going thru rough territory attempt to avoid stuff that can really bang up your peddles.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Instead of ordering the material from places like McMaster-Carr,try calling a welding-shop or steel-supplier.We have places here that sell "Surplus"(drops,returned lots,etc..)at a huge discount,and you get it that day,no waiting,no shipping-costs.I bought a new piece of Alum.sheet,1/16" thick,about 30" square for $7.A new piece of 3/16"x 2-1/2" x4' piece of steel flat is about $2 per foot new,without the surplus-discount.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
bigbig
Not Yet Wild

All great ideas!! I think I may try to find a local place where I can find some scrap sheet metal and try to cut it to size and do the bolt on idea. Thanks for all of the replies!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO