lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default looking at G8???

Are the G8 a very good cart? I do not see very many on the forums. Also not much available other than jakes lift and power kit, why?? Brian
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'm just taking a guess here, but I think the G8 was not a very popular cart in its time, so not many courses had them, therefore not many ever got off lease for people like us to buy. As far as I know, a G8 is basically the same as a G2/G9 powertrain-wise.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I went and looked at it. It is a 91 original owner still has nuds on the tires, like brand new, it has been in a warehouse for the last 8yrs. runs nice,but it does not seem to go like my ez-go. I have an rcc pipe and filter on it and the 28 degree clutch and 22'' tires and it goes. This yamaha does not take off very quick and just lopes along. Govenor has not been adjusted/removed. Plowman does not offer any performance products for it does anyone else? THANKS Brian
Old 05-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I did some more checking, and the G8 was actually Yamahas "classy, more expensive" cart in its day. The G9 was a cheaper alternative.

Since it's been sitting for so long, put some new, fresh gas in it, put new fuel filters on it, put a new plug in it, change the oil, and run it like you stole it and see if it opens up any.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That explains the wire wheels, not hupcaps,but actual chrome whire wheels. Talk about class. I actually like the body style better than the 9.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'm working on a 1993 G8 on Saturday, I'll give it a good look-over and let you know who it stacks up to the G9s by my standards.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

trying to decide to purchase or not today.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

If it is in the shape you say it is, I think you should go for it and we'll help you get it back into tip-top shape here! What time is it out there? It's 9:08 PM here. Must be 5:08 out there or something like it?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #9
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

correct 5:29 and about 4.5 more hours of daylight
Old 05-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

bought it and pick it up Mon. Hope I did not make a mistake.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha