lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1990 Club Car Quit Suddenly (motor)?

Greetings,

I have a 1990 36v CC that I use for hunting. I was out one morning checking the hog traps... stopped for a minute... got back in the cart and then it wouldn't run. It was running fine. No telltale signs of a problem. I recently replaced the V-glide, solenoid, FNR, and battery cables (welding cable w/ soldered copper lugs). The batteries are new and charged. Everything (V-glide, solenoid, FNR) seems to be working properly. I finally worked my way back to the motor and I did not have continuity between the S posts on the motor. Does it matter if I checked continuity with the motor still installed? What could be the issue? What's the next step? Remove the motor? What else should I check? My carts not at home now (@ camp) but I am going to work on it this week & I want to have as many tools and information to get my cart running again. I LOVE hunting with this cart! You can creep up on anything. Opening Day is Nov. 3! Thanks in advance.
Kave_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
mlpickett
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 Club Car Quit Suddenly (motor)?

You need to disconnect all of the leads to the motor before you test continuity.
mlpickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

did cart do anything like solenoid click?...........before you did anything when cart 1st quit did solenoid click or no after breakdown.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I disconnected the four cables that went to the posts on the motor when I tested the continuity, but it was still mounted on the cart (rear end). Does that make a difference? Sorry I didn't mention that in orignal post. In response to Shadowman, The solenoid clicks, double-checked v-glide, power to the motor. It was just wierd how it just woulndn't run again after running just fine. Could it be dirt or debris in the motor from being off-road causing this problem? I don't beat my cart up but who knows about the previous owner(s).

Last edited by Kave_Man; 10-22-2012 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Replying to 2 different posts to prevent double posts
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave_Man View Post
I disconnected the four cables that went to the posts on the motor when I tested the continuity, but it was still mounted on the cart (rear end). Does that make a difference? Sorry I didn't mention that in orignal post. In response to Shadowman, The solenoid clicks, double-checked v-glide, power to the motor. It was just wierd how it just woulndn't run again after running just fine. Could it be dirt or debris in the motor from being off-road causing this problem? I don't beat my cart up but who knows about the previous owner(s).
S1 to S2 must have continuity. So must A1 to A2. You can leave the motor on to test. If you want to test run the motor, it must be mounted on the axle! Here's a diagram to test run the motor using 12V:
Go down to post #6.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ller-shot.html
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I'm going to pick up my cart in a couple of days and I will test the motor. I'll let ya'll know. Thx.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well I picked up my cart today and tested the continuity again and I do not have continuity between the S posts. I jacked up the rear end and tested the motor per simple man's suggestion, and the motor did not run. So where should I start looking for the issue and what are my options for a solution? If the motor's shot, could I do a core exchange for a Bandit/PQ motor? Also, how should I connect/disconnect my cables so I can charge the batteries while my carts under repair. It needs a good charge since its been in camp for a few weeks. Thx.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did you remove the v glide and look inside,nothing burnt,check micro to make sure it is ok. None of the resistors are burnt.
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The v-glides is good. Could the solenoid cause an issue? The cart is lifted with 22" tires. I'm at a loss.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Go on Google and put in solonoid test for club car and v glide testing. Should not be arcing The cart is not going to move if the v glide is not telling the controller what to do. Make sure the rear wheels are off of the ground!
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car