lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
benphillips
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO DCS New FSIP Controller lasted 30 minutes.

A customer told me he replaced the controller on his DCS cart. He said the cart will not run and he wanted us to make sure everything was wired up correctly. Everything was wired correctly. I proceeded to diagnose the cart. Everything checked out and I determined the controller was not working. The motor passed the continuity test and it runs when doing the sepex motor test.

The controller is a FSIP 500 amp controller. He said he ordered it from buggiesunlimited. He contacted them, sent the controller back and they sent him another one or fixed the original, I am not sure which.

He brought us the controller and I once again did a motor continuity test and verified all the wiring was correct. Everything checked out so I installed the controller and the cart ran. I verified forward and reverse was both working. I parked the cart and plugged in the charger. The cart started charging as usual. The charger kicked off after some time as usual.

I called the customer and told him his cart was ready to pick up. I go to move the cart out of the garage and the cart will not move.

The solenoid activates when I turn the key on. That is all. I verify the microswitch is working. ITS volatage is 11.5 to 10.1 volts. The controller will not light my 48v test light. Motor passes continuity test and runs with sepex test. Everything checks out once again.

I've never had any problems with FSIP in the past.

I guess my only questions are what is the FSIP ITS voltage range? and How do you handle customers bring their own parts?

Attached is a picture of the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200702_123559.jpg (60.0 KB, 0 views)
benphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO DCS New FSIP Controller lasted 30 minutes.

I don't know what the ITS voltages should be for FSIP controllers, so contacting FSIP is probably your best bet.

Here is all I could find about putting one in a DCS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FX302 EZGO DCS Full Instruction.pdf (1.09 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf FX302GXXX Complete.pdf (352.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Read the DCS install instructions.

Last line on last page says: "Verify approximately 0.5 volts to 1.6 volts on pin 7 of the control as the accelerator is slowly depressed."
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #4
txthunter81
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Contact fsip and see if they can help
txthunter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO