lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS F & R Rocker switch conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForseeBob View Post
Thanks JohnnieB!
Take some high resolution pictures and attach them to a post using the paperclip, I'll add them to my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #12
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB:
Even after wiring the DPDT switch per your excellent photos and diagram the cart still only runs in reverse and only when the switch is thrown one way (opposite throw is dead). What do I need to check now?
Bob
ForseeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
JohnnieB:
Even after wiring the DPDT switch per your excellent photos and diagram the cart still only runs in reverse and only when the switch is thrown one way (opposite throw is dead). What do I need to check now?
Bob
Sounds like the "Run" wire and the "Reverse" wires are swapped or the jumper wire on the wrong set of contacts.

The color of the wires may be different in your carts wiring harness, so trace the wire from Pin-4 on the controller back to the new F/R switch.
It should be connected in the set of terminals that does not have the jumper.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Johnnie, Just for grins check the switch or switch all terminals to the other row.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #15
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB:
Still no forward, just reverse.

I now find that the Red & Orange striped wire is dead. Unfortunately I drove off from home (79 mikes away) with out a paper copy of the schematic. I’ll try to read the schematic you posted online.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
JohnnieB:
Still no forward, just reverse.

I now find that the Red & Orange striped wire is dead. Unfortunately I drove off from home (79 mikes away) with out a paper copy of the schematic. I’ll try to read the schematic you posted online.
That schematic is using a SPDT switch and a diode.

As I understand it, you've got a CC F/R switch with two rows of three terminals (DPDT), so that schematic doesn't apply.

Here is a schematic for your cart, but it only shows how the original microswitches were connected electrically, not how they wired physically.

The stuff to remember is when in Forward, the wire to the keyswitch has voltage on it and in Reverse both the wire to the keyswitch and the wire to Pin-4 on the controller have voltage on them.

Some things to check.
1. Is there voltage on both center terminals?
2. When either end of rocker is pushed, is there voltage on four of the six terminals? (The two terminals under the end pushed will be dead)
3. When other end of rocker is pushed, did the other two end terminals get voltage on them and the previous end terminal are now dead?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Late DCS - No Diode.JPG (88.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #17
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The problem is the DCS had two different F/R switches and either can be replaced with a SPDT or a DPDT.

The DPDT I now know you're trying to install, doesn't use a diode.
JohnnieB:
I did a clean re-wire of the switch following your simplified schematic and photos. However, although both pairs of the former micro-switch wires are live (37 volts) to the switch and the switch is working the motor still only runs in reverse. What can be wrong?
Old 07-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

See post 14. If the switch checks out good then swap the F1 and F2 wires on the speed controller and see what effect that has.

Curious - did the cart fun forward and reverse before the switch change?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #19
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB:
I just ran a quick test at each of the double plug sets where the cart wiring transitions to the former micro switch wiring (now connected to the rocker switch). The passenger side pair comes alive when the run/admin switch is thrown irrespective of the key switch. The driver’s side pair comes alive only when both the hey and the run switch are on.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:42 PM   #20
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

Johnnie B:
Is there a relay somewhere that could be stuck? Like a flakey started in a car could a well placed tap from a hammer break something free?
Bob

Tags
dcs, f & r rocker switch, johnnie b, only goes in reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO