lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #11
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car ds 1985

Ok so got to jack it up and check the switches. They all click, when I hold the first switch it clicks, I push the second while holding first nothing. I tried holding 123 nothing. It’s only the first and very last that work. Is that for sure the coils? Or could a bad switch again inside be the problem? If it was the coils could it be something I would see like cracked or broken? Thank you again so much. Wouldn’t have got this far without the help nor learned a lot on the way!!
Madamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #12
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dont think the coils would keep your solenoids from clicking, they would keep you from moving though. Put your meter on either side of those big coils and unless you show an open connection your fine, I would assume if you burned out one of those big ones you would see it! If a few solenoids are not clicking and others are I would assume its dropping the throttle side signal to them as the key side should have them daisy chained together.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #13
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

Oops sorry meant they are all clicking just nothing as far as wheels moving. Nothing moves until I hold the first and last switch then it cuts on and tires spin pretty fast. But holding the first any any other switches no wheels moving just a strong click sound with each switch pressed.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #14
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Activating the first and last solenoid bypasses all the resistors and what your describing would mean that either the last resistor is bad or that they all are bad assuming everything is wired correctly. Put a meter on the resistors touching the first side of the first resistor and the last side of the last resistor and see what it says you should show continuity between them all, put meter on lowest setting for this due to the size of those windings the resistance your meter will show would be very low, you just want to make sure its not showing open or OL.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #15
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: Club car ds 1985

Sorry for delay, finally pulled the cart out and got a decent volt meter heh. So I did the following tests from the pics below: procedure 5,9 and 10. All tests were good. I did notice my yellow wires were not in the same contacts as the schematic showed however. Would that make only the master and last speed switch work and make the in between a not work?
Old 06-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #16
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to add I purchased the first and third speed coils just to replace the rusty ones. Second speed seems to be backordered for an indefinite amount of time everywhere I looked.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:11 PM   #17
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to add I purchased the first and third speed coils just to replace the rusty ones. Second speed seems to be backordered for an indefinite amount of time everywhere I looked. And one more schematic..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C5B42B65-023F-428E-BA4F-DF7065E74B00.jpg (135.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #18
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

Think just replacing all the coils will do the trick or should I switch the yellow wires around? Thank you!!!
Old 06-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What do You mean by the Yellow wires comment?

The Yellow wire that links one post from each solenoid needs to go to the FNR micro-switch.

That micro-switch gets negative when the key switch is ON.

The micro-switches in the "speed box" provide positive power to one solenoid at the time (starting with the master) as you press the pedal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #20
Madamx
Not Yet Wild

Ahh sorry Sergio for some reason I thought the diagram had the yellow wires on the right nuts of the solenoids and I had mine on left. I just looked again mine are correct the yellow wire that goes to each solenoid are just like the diagram. X that out sorry! So other then that each test passed so stuck at what to change or work on.

Tags
1985, jerking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car