lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2020, 12:31 AM   #21
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1986 Club Car DS Newbie Post

I checked the VIN and according to that it was a 48V (unless I did it all wrong!). I'm okay with no motor since I probably would have questioned it anyway. It looks like they are not hugely expensive (I have a lot of research to do though before I order one!) and I expect to have to spend a few bucks on this; what I don't want to do is make expensive mistakes!

I can say at this point that you all rock! I feel very confident that I will be pointed in the right direction and will end up with quite a nice little cart that both I and Mrs. simicrintz will love! Thank you!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #22
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
Here is a thread from when I finished converting my 36v resistor cart to solid state to give you some more inspiration!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=153224
BTW-what a great looking cart!!
Old 05-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quick question: I am starting to compile a list of goodies that I would like to purchase for the cart and went to visit the Site Sponsors area. Since I am not a fan of Adobe Flash I cannot view it; is there any other way to find these folks?

Thank you!!
Old 05-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #24
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Started cleaning the old gal up a little bit. Put the steering column shaft tube and new steering wheel on, bought new foot pedal covers and am waiting on the lift to arrive so I can put the front wheels and tires on. Thinking of buying a HVLP setup to paint it myself and pretty sure that I will go lithium once I get that all figured out. Other sites that I am on seem to like pics so thought I would post a few.

Stay safe and healthy out there everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS Progress 1.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DS Progress 2.jpg (174.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DS Progress 3.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DS Progress 4.jpg (186.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:58 PM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Lookin' good
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:41 AM   #26
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good, I'll be watching
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #27
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hi! I have a 1985 CC still use it all the time new batteries and solenoid 2 gauge wire I use it to plow my driveway and walks in the winter months. I figure I will do all the upgrades when it craps out that was over ton years ago and it’s still going.
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #28
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you guys! I know that I have quite a way to go but this is supposed to be a fun project, right? I appreciate your comments; keeps me motivated!
Old 05-17-2020, 09:41 PM   #29
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Couple more pics; got the lift installed and body parts back on (I'll pull them again to paint or wrap; any thoughts on this?).

Question: what do you guys do to clean up the aluminum? I've tried Simple Green, acetone, muriatic acid and nothing seems to touch it. I've ground on it a little bit with some Dremel attachments but am not real happy with the results or how slow the process is. Hoping there is something out there that I can clean the aluminum up with better than what I've tried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Lifted 1.jpg (192.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC Lifted 2.jpg (203.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 07:32 AM   #30
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Question: what do you guys do to clean up the aluminum? I've tried Simple Green, acetone, muriatic acid and nothing seems to touch it. I've ground on it a little bit with some Dremel attachments but am not real happy with the results or how slow the process is. Hoping there is something out there that I can clean the aluminum up with better than what I've tried.
Here is a cool build thread you could look at. Within the first 10 posts or so he talks about how he cleaned and polished his frame. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=145543

I ended up painting my frame black, so I just cleaned mine up good enough for that. I used a power washer to get most the dirt and gunk off, then scrubbed with simple green and followed that up by using some hand cleaner towels. Actually cleaned quite nicely, I was surprised.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car