lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 06:31 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st ride on Leaf conversion of 2011 RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
After 2 fairly short test drives in my newly converted RXV, I have come to the conclusion that something is amiss. The top speed that I have attained is 16mph with just me in the cart and 14 with me and my wife. I also noticed that the Regen brakes don’t stop the cart as well on flat ground. That may be weight.

I determined that my cheap coulomb meter is about 30% low compared to the BMS when charging. So I assume it is probably also 30% off on the discharge also. That being said, taking off uphill from a dead stop I saw 185a on the meter which was really more like 250a and coasting down the same hill I saw 45a on the Regen which would be about 60a. So, I expected to have a little more speed with the Leaf pack. However, since the Danaher controller is set to fleet mode would that be the reason I didn’t get the speed increase I expected?

I don’t necessarily care that it doesn’t go faster, but would like to know that it is not something that I should be concerned about.

I have 215/15 x 12 tires and changed all wiring on the battery (2ga on the discharge side)and charging system(10ga), but nothing on the control side of the solenoid.

Would like your opinions!
Are you sure about the tire size? Mathematically, that is only 14.539370079" tall tires...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #12
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

215/50x12
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The RXV doesnt gain extra speed by upping voltage like a conventional golf cart might. It's too smart for that. Hell, taking weight off an rxv by switching to lithium doesnt even add the acceleration boost you might think it would. It knows how fast motor rpm changes should happen, and will slow itself down if it sees rpm changes that exceed its "delta speed" settings. (Delta speed is rpm change over time). Its a rolling computer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:43 AM   #14
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The RXV doesnt gain extra speed by upping voltage like a conventional golf cart might. It's too smart for that. Hell, taking weight off an rxv by switching to lithium doesnt even add the acceleration boost you might think it would. It knows how fast motor rpm changes should happen, and will slow itself down if it sees rpm changes that exceed its "delta speed" settings. (Delta speed is rpm change over time). Its a rolling computer.

Thanks for the information cgtech. That was what I thought, but not being an educated expert in the tech in the RXV, I wanted to know for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #15
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

are there specific mods (wiring/bypass) that you have to do for the lithium conversion?

I know the club cars you have to do an OBC bypass when using a lithium charger. I love my club car with the lithium pack, but I'm thinking about picking up a 2013 RXV and do the same conversion. Thanks.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #16
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeefcake View Post
are there specific mods (wiring/bypass) that you have to do for the lithium conversion?

I know the club cars you have to do an OBC bypass when using a lithium charger. I love my club car with the lithium pack, but I'm thinking about picking up a 2013 RXV and do the same conversion. Thanks.
Yes there are specific mods that need to be made if you are building your own battery. Specifically, with the RXV, the Over-volt and under-volt protection safety shutdown system is tricky.
I studied long and hard on this before making the switch.
Here are a few topics that will give you much insight:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160302

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ghlight=Roypow

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162921

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147388

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...light=101+leaf

Tags
battery, leaf modules, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO