lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
Kros6.0SS
Not Yet Wild

Default CBR 600RR in a EZ-GO TXT?

So I’m in the beginning stages of my second build.
I’m using a 07’ cbr 600rr engine and I have an ezgo txt

My question is after numerous searches is the height of this engine is 2ft 7 inches with the airbox. Is there a way to relocate the airbox without messing with the fuel injectors that are mounted in the airbox?

I know very little about these bike engine and would appreciate the help

Cart is electric but I am searching for a 400ex rear axle instead of using the ezgo gas axle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E9CB8574-9FF3-4867-9833-5766F37BEE93.jpg (177.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 224C7408-B4E5-4AFF-9A3B-DFAD96CAE114.jpg (166.1 KB, 0 views)
Kros6.0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2019, 02:37 AM   #2
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: CBR 600RR in a EZ-GO TXT?

Removing the airbox on that engine will screw with it. If at all possible, incorporate it into the design. You could tilt the engine back a bit in order to lower the installed height of the airbox. Hope you have the rest of the donor electronics. Every sensor, switch, meters, ignition switch, and harnesses will be required to make it operate.
The airbox can be removed, but at considerable power loss. There are air temp, barametric and air flow sensors that have to be situated into the intake. It's possible that the maps will not calibrate for airbox mods. I'd install the engine, get it operational with the factory airbox. Then, experiment with mods to the airbox. CBR is an excellent engine, but it isn't easy or cheap to modify. If the exhaust has O2 sensors, they gotta be in your exhaust system at about the same distance from the exhaust port. And, be careful when altering harness length. Be sure wiring matches. A desert racer live axle design is a better choice for rear axle. You could even have reverse...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 AM   #3
JRL
Gone Wild

One quick thingy. You'll need the fuel system. The pump is a bottom feeder, but has circuit for the ECM. And the airbox pretty much will be required in some fashion. The secondary injectors mount in the thing. Waymo work to modify. Probably trim some of it away, but that'll alter the intake vacuum, which alters the fuel pressure. The factory fuel tank assembly will be handy for testing without having to create a fuel system. If You want to experiment with the airbox, 2007-2012 are the same and cheap. Even with the secondary injectors. Most are missing the sensors. Plentiful too. CBR 600-# 1 crashed scoot in the world. Lots of parts around.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
RustShakelford
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a similar work on the books. I have a '96 CBR 600 engine and trans to put on a golf car. It's been hell trying to find a proper rear axle, seems like I'll have to go with a quad rear. I'm in need of a quality welder and shop space. as of today (Sep. 19, 2019)I have the shop issue sorted out.
RustShakelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #5
JRL
Gone Wild

You could create a drive axle from scratch. Everything's off the shelf. Only fab would be pads for support bearings and caliper mount.
Sprocket and disc adaptors are avail for almost any creation. Most parts are common industrial items. Get the engine situated as far forward as possible so the chain can be worked with. Run 520 HD chain, and locate the sprocket adaptor once the engine and axle are mounted.
ATV assembly will work, but it'll require a lot of fab work to locate. And it'll be narrowly supported. Need a wider footprint.
Think big go-cart axle.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
JRL
Gone Wild

One other thing to consider is that the axle sprocket will require articulation similar to the CBR swingarm. If not close to factory geometry, the chain will change tension (or break something?) as the suspension moves outside a constant arc. The pivot point is the rear CBR swingarm mount in the rear of the case. Probably a reason to use the Honda frame with lower motor mounts and swingarm pivot, which is also the rear motor mount. The frame stub would require serious lateral reinforcement. The geometry would be the same for the solid go cart type axle. If working with a cradle cart, that would allow mounting the engine and axle so that they maintain alignment.
So many ideas...So Little time.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Ah man that engine will just drop right in.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:06 PM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Ah man that engine will just drop right in.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps