lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2015, 02:43 AM   #21
pepperoni
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Gas Not Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Green wire @ v/r has continuity to green wire @ starter/generator? I think you checked ohms @ small red & green wires into S/G? Positive 12v power is present @ small red wire at S/G?
The greenwire @ v/r has continuity to green wire @ s/g.

The omhs between the small red & green wires going into s/g checked @ 6.5 omhs.

The small red wire @ the s/g has NO voltage. I couldn't see the color of the wire, but checked both A1 & F2. A1 & F2 has NO voltage.( I have an old s/g here to check the terminal codes )

As always, thanks for your knowledge !
pepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If the cart is cranking over, the A1&2 & S1&2 are fine, dont worry about those. We need to figure out why the small red wire is not getting B+.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #23
pepperoni
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
If the cart is cranking over, the A1&2 & S1&2 are fine, dont worry about those. We need to figure out why the small red wire is not getting B+.
I must be confused on the little red wire. Are you talking about the little red wire that comes out of the s/g with the little green wire or the little red wire that is mounted on the s/g. It may also be that you are talking about a red wire that I don't have on this one ... could be the whole problem.

Thanks for your knowledge, cgtech
Old 09-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #24
cgtech

Yamaha

Little red wire with the little green wire.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #25
pepperoni
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Little red wire with the little green wire.
The little red wire that comes out of the s/g has NO voltage, with key on or off. The red/white wire that matches up with the little red wire in the connector has NO voltage, with the key on or off.

This is a Japanese model, it doesn't have the foot switch. You turn the key on and hit the start button to start and hit another button to turn it off. Not sure it it came from the factory like that or it was modified. I've noticed a couple other carts have the same setup, others you press the accelerator to start.

As always, Thanks for your time !
Old 09-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #26
cgtech

Yamaha

Wish i had a wire diagram. At this point, i would wire a red wire from the key switch to the red @ s/g and be done with this problem.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #27
pepperoni
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Wish i had a wire diagram. At this point, i would wire a red wire from the key switch to the red @ s/g and be done with this problem.
At the key switch, I had a choice of :

red = always 12 v
red/black = always 12 v
light brown = 12 v when the key is turned on

I chose the red wire and ran it back to the little red wire that comes out of the s/g. The little red wire now has 12 v, but when I start the cart it's still only showing 12 v at the battery. We revved the motor, but still only getting 12 v.

Any suggestions ... Thanks for you help !
Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #28
cgtech

Yamaha

New red wire should be on only when key is on (brown wire). Try the "green wire jumper test" again with the new red wire connected. This problem will get fixed!!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:04 AM   #29
pepperoni
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
New red wire should be on only when key is on (brown wire). Try the "green wire jumper test" again with the new red wire connected. This problem will get fixed!!
I attached the new red wire to the brown wire at the key switch and the other end to the little red wire coming out of the s/g. The "green wire jumper test", jumping the green wire to the black at the v/r plug, didn't produce any increase in voltage. Taking the jumper off and plugging the v/r back in produced the same 12 volts.

Thanks again for your continued support !
Old 09-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #30
cgtech

Yamaha

If you are hooking B+ to "red wire", B- to "green wire", and still getting nothing, something in or part of the S/G is bad (the voltave should be increasing linearly up into the 20v+ range with rpm increase). Hook up the jumper and monitor voltages on "red & green" at rest & while running. Also check for bad connection on the S/G portion of the "red & green wires".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha