lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default 2017 EFI Carryall 700 w/Subaru won't start

This one is all above my league apparently. It's giving me a code 51, ignition pulse error through the oil/check engine light (it's an oil light that can flash diagnostic codes)

The coil fires fine, it will even run if you hold your hand over the throttle body but only enough to idle. It just turns over without that. It's not getting a fuel injector pulse other than the one time when you turn the key ON.

There's no other wire from the coil itself other than the black kill wire. leaving it connected or open, it will still throw the same code. Before I spend $1600 on an ECU for this thing, is there anything else I have missed?

The customer for some reason didn't send it in for warranty; according to Club Car, the car was still under warranty until he voided it doing work himself. He swapped the engine basically. this one did run according to him before the swap, but everything appears to be compatible or at least everything plugs in like it should.

There's a blown 5 amp fuse sitting inside near the battery, and an unused bullet connector on the battery, and he has removed the cover where there are two 10-amp fuses, both good, still in place in-line near the front of the engine.

I'm either not getting the full story or something else is amiss. there are no diagnostic ports to plug anything in that I can find.

Cart information that I know as of now:

2017 Club Car Carry All 700
Subaru EX-40 EFI engine (dated 2018 )
145.6 Hours on the clock
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car