lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
TLB Nut
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 solenoid convertion issues

Ok guys I need help. I have read the stickies, searched the forums and PM'd members. But I am still stuck. I used the following diagram to wire up my cart.

My cart is a 1992 Utility cart 2 stroke. My issue is where do I and how do I wire in the on/off key switch and the new Forward/Reverse switch.

I believe that the two new switches should go between the accelerator Micro Switch (Orange wire) and the wire coming off the two small lugs on the solenoid.

If I understand it correctly:
Key (switch) ON and toggle (switch) OFF cart goes forward. (with Accelerator micro switch activated)
Key ON, toggle switch ON cart goes in reverse. (with Accelerator micro switch activated)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 solenoid diagram.jpg (117.7 KB, 0 views)
TLB Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2 solenoid convertion issues

Unfortunately, I have no experience with this conversion. That said, I recall seeing a very detailed previous post a that explains how this is done. I am pretty sure that post I am speaking to was authored by a poster named "Strawman" who is no longer around. I would try to search his posts in an effort to get more info?

Also, I know that this conversion is done on other cart brands, primarily EZ Gos, and the process is the same. You may want to check that forum as well.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar