lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Scoped rifles in a cart

How do y'all secure your scoped rifles to prevent jarring?

I have thought about leaving them in the case and riding in back but then the draw is a little to slow for coyotes and pigs.

I have seen mounts I would use for shotguns with the butt down but I think that would be detrimental to a scope.

And I have good scopes that should handle some shock but steady riding in a golf cart would be the undoing of them.

Perhaps there is an easy access scabbard out there with enough foam?

Thanks
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Scoped rifles in a cart

I have been pondering the same question. Pickups especially with club cab offer so many "sweet spots" for resting hunting equipment. But space is limited with carts. I like the feature of security that Colpin has with their lockable housing. But a coyote is gonna see your every move. I would like to think there is a product that grants easier access. It may take your own ingenuity and handling experience to yield custom gear that is sensible and safe. Let us know if you figure something out.
g1jacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think I could just work up a swivel mount for my unscoped mini 14 and that would work on the coyotes.

Now I still have the issue of a rough ride on scoped guns.

I have seen various "isolators" and 4wd shops that prevent noise and rattles. Seems I could make up a mount on the bars supporting the top behind the seats out of rubber from used tires and some aluminum ...... along the idea of a motor mount.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yesterday I had exclusive rights to the cart. My kids took the jeep. I did well just resting the rifle butt on the seat and the barrel in the passenger glove box storage area. The gun stayed in the case as protection but it was unzipped and ready to bolt. Won't work as well with two in the cart.

As it goes, I saw nothing but our 16 YO got his first 8 point. 160 lb and an old deer. We used the cart to carry it out since blood does not do much for a jeep interior and we left the carrier back at the shed.

Lucky little guy. His first date this weekend, the Gamecocks smoked the Razor backs and Clemson pulled out another. And he got that deer. Good weekend so far for him,.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
crash test dummy

hey Bambi , come on , just walk in range

Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

A little small there.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is how I'm gonna transport my scoped rifle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (203.3 KB, 0 views)
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing