lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Club Car Quit Suddenly (motor)?

I was looking at my motor and a small piece of solder fell out. Could this solder (possible loose wire) be part of the "no continuity" problem between my "A" posts? UPDATE: I removed the motor housing and the brushes on the "A" posts were shot! Both of the internal post wires were disconnected at the brush end. Is this caused by age and use (1990 lifted w/ 22x11/10 hunting cart) or did something fail? Since the motor is off and I'm replacing brushes, what else should I service/replace on the motor and axle/diff? Or core exchange? Thx.

Last edited by Kave_Man; 10-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: Additional information.
Kave_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What is this and why is it on my motor? It looks like JB Weld.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-29_16-28-26_727.jpg (239.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well, my cart is still not running. I finally found a local alternator shop with the right equipment to test my motor. They hipot test, couldn't find anything wrong. Then they sent it to another shop and surge test the motor... still can't find an issue with the motor. Fortunately the shop didn't charge me for all the testing. I am at my wits end with this issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have troubleshot everything on this cart. I have rebuilt/replaced everything in this cart (batteries, cables, v-glide, fnr, solenoid) to make it run like new and now this Please help I want to fix the cart myself for fear of getting fleeced at the local cart shop. Thx again.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

That is to balance the armature.
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Any idea why my v-glide is arcing and cart won't go?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did you remove the v glide and look inside,nothing burnt,check micro to make sure it is ok. None of the resistors are burnt.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Kave_Man
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The v-glides is good. Could the solenoid cause an issue? The cart is lifted with 22" tires. I'm at a loss.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Go on Google and put in solonoid test for club car and v glide testing. Should not be arcing The cart is not going to move if the v glide is not telling the controller what to do. Make sure the rear wheels are off of the ground!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I think Rich is guiding you in the right direction. The solenoid is the switch for the whole system. Get a voltmeter and see and eliminate a lot of things. I sure someone has had the same problem and its already been answered, but there is a process of elimination. First rule of thumb is to check the pack voltage. If your cart has less than 32V you have battery or cable issues. Check to see if you are getting voltage to the solenoid primary terminals first(the small ones) when the cart has a wheel off the ground. When you have the key on selector in fwd and the pedal depressed you should have the same voltage at the primary terminals. Never assume any part is "good". Let us know what results you get, so someone can guide you to the next step.
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #20
Gydyup
Not Yet Wild

May seem dumb, but I learned the hardway. You checked the batteries. Same thing happened to me, stopped, got out, got back in hit the pedal and it jumped then nothing.

Spent a lot of time and money on rear end, motor etc. Wound up being ONE battery. Popped in a new on and off it went.

Same thing happened again, about 3 mths later, this time wiser, I tested the batterys, had one more bad one. I swore my batteries were good, they were supposed to be new.

Check those first.
Gydyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car