lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Looking to purchase my first electric EZGO ??

Hi folks,,,,

My name is John and have been reading some of the threads on here. Nice, informative site.

This will be my second cart. I bought a gas EZGO 6-8 years ago and sold it awhile back. Moving to a area that allows carts on the road and in the neighborhood with a $5 permit so I'm looking at two carts, both electric, both '07, both supposedly PDS. One has the FNR switch on the dash, the other has the handle behind right knee, as I said both are advertised as PDS. Both buggies are lifted, both blue, one has chrome caps the other has nice rims. The one with the rims is the cleanest buggy,,,fresh paint, new white seats and flip flop, white top, just a all round nice,,,this one also has the FNR handle by my knee. It's priced at $3500. the other buggy is rough blue body, tan seats and flip flop, tan top, still has the golf course stickers on it, chrome hub caps but the FNR switch is on the dash. Priced at $3200.

Guess what I'm asking is there anything wrong with the FNR switch by my knee. Is there a preference of either, again both are '07 buggies??

Just curious if there is pro's or con's of either and what to watch out for.

Thanks for your time.

Will try and post a couple pics of the nice buggy,,forgot to take ones of the other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.jpg (32.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0309.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking to purchase my first electric EZGO ??

this may help you out.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...f-ezgo-series-
sepex-regen-system.html

Your planned usage of the cart should determine which drive system you get. I'm not a sparky guy, but I've read it on here.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just creepin' around the park, all gravel and grass,,level. Gravel/pine needles to the lake, vistin' friends in the park, yard work trailer,,, nothing major, just something cool to ride around on.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

PDS is switch on the dash? This is very confusing.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep,,from what I'm reading,,,PDS is the dash switch F/R,,the series cart is the F/R switch by your knee.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Just creepin' around the park, all gravel and grass,,level. Gravel/pine needles to the lake, vistin' friends in the park, yard work trailer,,, nothing major, just something cool to ride around on.
If your going to just be creepin' around. Slow crawls with a series motor is best. Otherwise you will heat up Sepex a bit. Depends on how you creep along I guess. I think of it this way and imagine a rental cop at an outdoor event. They are going to be traveling a lot and talking to a lot of people, possibly only going 3 to 4 mph and staying with the folks as they talk to them. That situation is best to have a series motor. A Sepex would heat up bad.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts