lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volts..12 volts accessories..??

OK there has got to be a better mouse trap... 36 volts Club car - 1993...
Installed a 12 volt downconverter to power the headlight and rear tail lights....
No Good ..... when I ask for more speed the lights go dim and sometimes shut down, not a good situation..
Why not hide a 12 volt garden mower battery and power all the 12 volt goodies off of that....
Now I ran a test with 50 high intensity LED's (Diodes) and I quit the test after 24 hours and the 50 lights were still blinding....
All the lights including the headlights could be converted over to LED's and they are cheap-cheap....
Battery charging leads could be brought out to a charging point on the body..

And I remember when I was a kid ... my bicyle had a six volt static charger that ran off the wheel and while you were under motion the dual headlights did a great job and this was back in the 1950ies...why not use this idea on a cart...???

Idea's...

=Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
streetglide
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 36 volts..12 volts accessories..??

Hello Bill,

The seperate battery idea is used by many to run accessories, not just lights. It gives you separation of electrical circuits as long as you wire them completely separate from rest of electrical system making sure no common chassis ground is used. I use a 48V-12V converter (in my CC) mainly because of what I consider a "hassle" maintaining charge of a separate battery.

Just as FYI, if you are using an a actual converter from 36V to 12V, you shouldn't experience the dimming problem if you are pulling normal light current and your batteries are good and fully charged with good cabling, etc. Perhaps you are using a dropping resistor (commonly called a voltage reducer from 18v or 24v?

Anyway, your idea should work just fine....
streetglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car