lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #11
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Electric 48v will not start

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm with FairTax4ME, I think you've got a bad connection somewhere. The headlights should have absolutely nothing to do with the running of the car. Check your battery cables really good and make sure they aren't corroded or broken.
Here is a photo. Logic makes sense but I am not seeing anything obvious yet. Spot anything?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
clubcarfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #12
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
From what I've read here before it sounds like the common connections for the 12v and 48v supply are different. The common connections need to be connected to B-. Post a picture of your battery compartment.
In the converter, the fuse was not blown fwiw

Old 06-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #13
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Where is the converter positive INPUT connected to? It should be connected to the pack voltage positive (terminal with large red wire connected to it). I cannot tell where the converter positive input is wired too.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That sounds like the MCOR microswitch clicking. There will be 2 clicks each direction. You will hear one click beneath the Go Pedal after it travels downwards about ~1" and that is from the MCOR.... Then quickly thereafter you will hear the main contactor (solenoid) click from behind the batteries. When you let off the pedal it will click again beneath the floor and then quickly again from behind the batteries when the contactor opens. Please verify where you are hearing the "click" occur as I only heard one (1) in each direction.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcarfl View Post
Here is a photo. Logic makes sense but I am not seeing anything obvious yet. Spot anything?

I see three issues that concern me.

1. Where is the positive lead from your light harness attached?

2. The negative lead from your light harness is supposed to be connected to the yellow bullet connector in the bottom of the battery bucket. Otherwise, the OBC can not correctly monitor the amount of energy used by your lights. This will cause charging issues. It's not causing this issue but it needs to be addressed.

3. I see one battery that's different from the others and I see 5 batteries dated early 2016. The PD+ batteries are just a basic battery and they aren't known for greatness. I think you may have a short in one of them. Monitor the voltage of each battery individually while you try to run the car and see if you have one dropping low on voltage. There's obviously some sort of battery issue with the cart. Somebody changed 1 because it failed. Typically, the other 5 are very similar in condition and this practice doesn't fix the problem, it simply relocates it to another battery. The next weakest link is now your issue. Batteries should always be changed in full sets, especially batteries dated A6.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The small black ground wire that’s on the main pack negative. Looks to me like it’s between the main cable and the post and that will cause a connection issue. The large cable should always go on first so they are in direct contact with the post. Any other wires go on after that.
Any accessory ground wires need to be connected to that black lead with the large yellow bullet connector. That is a factory provided ground which goes to the proper place where the OBC can monitor electricity usage through the accessories, so that the OBC can properly recharge the batteries.

As mentioned before, Where is the 48+ for the converter coming from?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Where are You guys seeing an OBC in his 2014 Precedent?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Where are You guys seeing an OBC in his 2014 Precedent?
You're right. I didn't realize it was an ERIC cart.

To the OP, Of the things I mentioned, please disregard #2.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Where is the converter positive INPUT connected to? It should be connected to the pack voltage positive (terminal with large red wire connected to it). I cannot tell where the converter positive input is wired too.
Good question. I can't find where it goes either. It seems to go into this black tube somewhere. Here are closer photos.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #20
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The small black ground wire that’s on the main pack negative. Looks to me like it’s between the main cable and the post and that will cause a connection issue. The large cable should always go on first so they are in direct contact with the post. Any other wires go on after that.
Any accessory ground wires need to be connected to that black lead with the large yellow bullet connector. That is a factory provided ground which goes to the proper place where the OBC can monitor electricity usage through the accessories, so that the OBC can properly recharge the batteries.

As mentioned before, Where is the 48+ for the converter coming from?
I did move the main to be closest to the battery per your recommendation.

For the large yellow bullet connector, are you referring to this image? If so, which of the wires are you recommending move to this?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (1.35 MB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car