lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Eric charger issue

Charger shows full charge. Led indicator on charger is solid green, no faults on charger. Once charge cycle is finished and shows full charge, the charger continues to deliver 60v to batteries. It's show charge complete but is still charging....any suggestions?
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Eric charger issue

From what I've read about the ERIC chargers, yes, that's normal. They will continue to provide a small charge current to help equalize charge level in each battery. How long that lasts and how much current depends on the charge algorithm the charger uses.
Does your charger have the number display on the right of the charge indicator?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

No display number. It's just odd the charger shows complete, and still applies 60 volts....
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Voltage isnt as big a deal as it seems. Lead acid batteries have to be charged to a higher than nominal voltage in order to be fully charged. That voltage may seem high, but the charger probably topped out the main charge between 64-68V. After the charge cycle is completed the Amperage is lowered considerably and the charger applies what is essentially a trickle charge for anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours. The high voltage, and low amperage allows the individual cells in the batteries to equalize, and allows the entire pack to equalize. The closer each battery matches in charge level, the better overall performance you get, and the longer each battery lasts. This also helps prevent sulfate contamination of the plates, which helps increase battery life.

Like I said before, the Eric chargers can be programmed with different charge algorithms which vary for different brand batteries. If you visit the Delta-Q website, you can download free software to monitor charge cycles and battery charge performance. You can also download free algorithm profiles to upload to the charger via a USB thumb drive, to match the brand and type of batteries you have in order to get the best charge and best performance and service-life from your batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car