lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default 2014 CC Precedent w/ Eric charging system and charger is flashing and not charging..

I've tried a few ERIC chargers and they all are giving me the same issue..rapid flashing on the top orange arrow. I'm showing 47.6 volts on the handheld and DVM although I may have one weak battery but it should still come on with that voltage. Also on the handheld I'm seeing some parameters I'm not familiar with like BDI%; LED Driver.......Also I'm seeing a fault in the history I haven't seen called "LOW SOC" ?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! I haven't seen any manuals for anything older than 2012's...any idea where one would be for these with the new charging systems?
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 CC Precedent w/ Eric charging system and charger is flashing and not chargin

Make sure the 30 amp fuse on the red wire from the charger receptacle is good.

BDI = Battery Discharge Indicator (display as a percentage the SOC of the battery)

LED = Led Driver on Controller pin #11 that drives the dash warning light.

LOW SOC = The Controller thinks the batteries are low.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 CC Precedent w/ Eric charging system and charger is flashing and not chargin

Sergio again you hit the nail on the head..checked the fuse and it was blown; replaced and charger went to working! You da man! Could you elaborate a little more on the BDI? What's a normal range for that parameter to be in? Not real sure what you mean by how you described it.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it is supposed to be the pack State of Charge, like 80%, that the Controller estimates is left in the pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
twilliams81
Gone Wild

10-4 Thanks again buddy!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car