lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Default 17a dpi charger

Can I change the cord 2 prong plug on a used 17a DPI Charger to a 3 prong plug for a 2001 club car? If so is it easy to change?
acramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 17a dpi charger

Without looking at the cord, I am not sure, but I do know who has the answer and can tell you 100%. Call Diversified Power at 800-334-5091 and ask to talk to their Tech Support. They are great to work with.

You can also email them at support@dpipower.com
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #3
crash test dummy

club car 2 prong plugs are 36v ... 3 prong plug is 48v

what is the power of charger ?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
acramer
Not Yet Wild

48v I have a 3 prong now but a used 17a DPI charger is available with a 2 prong plug.. Is is a 48v charger.. He said reason for a 2 prong was he had a high speed motor...
Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Also I was told today I should be using the 15a 48 dpi charger not the 17a one. Which is correct? Again I have a 48v 2000 club car with the OBC bypassed. Still there but bypassed?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
crash test dummy

17 amp is what you need with the obc bypassed

you would only wire the black and white wires

there will be no " lock out" with the green wire gone so be careful you don't drive off with the charger plugged in
Old 07-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramer View Post
48v I have a 3 prong now but a used 17a DPI charger is available with a 2 prong plug.. Is is a 48v charger.. He said reason for a 2 prong was he had a high speed motor...
that is not correct
Old 07-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #8
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Are you saying the 2 prong plug on the one Im thinking of buying can be converted to my 3 prong plug? The 2 prong has 2 wire Black and White? Just take the 2 prong body off and connect positive black to the Black negative on my 3 prong plug and White positive to white positive?
Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramer View Post
Are you saying the 2 prong plug on the one Im thinking of buying can be converted to my 3 prong plug? The 2 prong has 2 wire Black and White? Just take the 2 prong body off and connect positive black to the Black negative NO on my 3 prong
yes the 2 prong can work

plug and White positive to white positive?YES
white is positive , black is negative
does the plug (3 prong) come apart ?
Old 07-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #10
acramer
Not Yet Wild

from what i remember no... it not where I'm at right now but i don't think so. It was on the original lester charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car