lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Craisondigital
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart dieseling after belt tightening? Precedent 2013

I put new belts on my 2013 precedent and the starter belt started slipping after a week or two. I tightened the belt yesterday and added belt spray. I just took a long drive with many stops to test the belt. All seemed to work well and the belt didn't slip or squeak anymore.

When I got home, the cart did not shut off when I let off accelerator. It stayed idling even after I took the key out. To get it shut off, I put it in reverse and the pressed the accelerator and released it and it shut off.

I took another spin but the issue is not happening anymore. In forward and reverse it seems to be working? Going to take it for a longer drive now to test.

One other thing I noticed is their seems to be an audible click now each time I press the break which I never noticed before.

Any ideas what could have caused this?
Craisondigital is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car