lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Sweetjonnycrash
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 club car ds

I purchased an 87 club car ds for personal use. There is a toggle switch under the forward /reverse lever. Any idea what this is. I'm guessing maybe tow run but not labeled if it is which way would be tow and which way run? How could I tell?
Sweetjonnycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 87 club car ds

It is not a run/tow switch, that came out years later. Whatever it is, it did not come from the factory. Follow the wires to find out.

to BGW!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:07 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thought I would add a bit of info to the above.

These DS frames were made for decades. It is possible, for whatever reason the cart may have been upgraded to a different motor and drive system. It began life as a resistor cart (set of coils toward the rear under the seat) but it could have been changed. Still highly unlikely that is a run/tow switch.

If you could post some photos of everything under the seat we could clear this up shortly.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:46 AM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That not stock, that probably was installed as a results of recreational drinking
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toggle switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car